TIRES | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TIRES

I JUST TALKED TO ERIC AT DICK CEPEK AND HE TRIED ON 265/75-16 RAIDIAL A-S, ON A 1998 EB. HE SAID THEY FIT, THE STOCK ONES ARE 255'S.

THAT SHOULD MEAN 31X10.50R-15 WILL FIT ON MY 1998 4DR XLT 4X4. I HOPE!!!

HAS ANY ONE TRIED BFG ALL-TRRRAIN 31's ON A 1998 XLT 4X4? I HAVE THE STOCK ALUMINUM DEEP DISH 10 HOLE 15X7IN. RIMS.

I also want to know if anybody has tried 32x11.50R-15 BFG A/T OR ANY OTHER 32'S ON THE STOCK XLT? DO YOU NEED TO TRIM THE FENDERS?

[This message has been edited by JASONESQUIVEL (edited 04-14-99).]

Hey Jason,

I've got a '96 4x4 4DR and have had 31x10.5 A/Ts on it for more than 6 months now. I had 30x9.5 Radial Rovers on for 2 1/2 years before that (since new) and have never had a problem with either size. There are several others on the list with late models running 31's with no problems.

PS.. I didn't know Ford made a 15x8 rim? Are you sure it's not 15x7? Thats what I have for my stock aluminum wheels. Maybe I'll be checking the wreckers for a cheap set of replacement 15x8s if it's true??? Dead Link Removed

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

Hey Bach- I've got a '95 and was thinking of putting on 31's. Have you been off road with yours much? Any rub at all? Thanks for the posts regarding the 31's...I bet they look great!

Craig Simpson

Hey CS,

I've been off-roading a dozen or so times with the 31's on and haven't had any trouble with them. At full compression in the rear I've noticed scuffs inside the wheelwell, but thats it! Now with the 2" of lift I will have all the clearance I need for the 31's. And yes, I think they look great!

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

Back