too much water dripping from the bottom | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

too much water dripping from the bottom

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey fellas, ive been noticing a lot more water dripping to the ground coming from right behind the front right wheel well. ive always had a little dripping there before but this past week its been a ton of water dripping like a leaky faucet. any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More humidity in the air? It's just the A/C, I wouldn't worry about it if everything is working okay.

yeah,its def condensation but man, its running like a faucet it seems like. everytime i park it just starts dripping like crazy. didnt know if that might be out of the ordinary because ive never seen so much water dripping. thanks.

Mine sweats like a ***** in church because of our humidity here in GA. As long as it's water, you're good.

Mine sweats like a ***** in church because of our humidity here in GA. As long as it's water, you're good.

You should see the puddle mine leaves down here in Miami with our soupy air. I don't use my AC that much though, as I embrace the heat so I'm not dying while walking around outside during the summer.

well i am by the water here in the bay area but i havent ran my ac in a few days and it was still dripping like crazy. but as long as its just water i should be good right?

Have you been running your defroster? That also runs the A/C to dry the air.

bingo! i think the defroster is the reason why. i never even thought about that. and yes, i was driving around this this weekend right underneath the golden gate bridge with the defroster on as i was making my way to my favorite pier to go fishing and crabbing off of.

thanks rob, once again the EF is the shizznit.

Glad to hear i'm not the only one that has this problem. I live in Tampa / Orlando, FL and mine drips like crazy lol

same here, im surrounded by swamp...
luckily, they make super absorbant pads with wings!
sorry, just had to do that

Back