• Register Today It's free!

Topper / Camper Shell

Jet Ski Puller

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac 4.6
Anyone have a topper / camper shell on their ST? If so, which brand? Do you like it? Mind posting photos?

Thanks!

A year or so ago I saw a Leer 100XQ on my local craigslist. It was brand-new at a camper dealership. There was no price and when I got there they wanted full retail, weren't interested in negotiating. Plus it had to be painted to match my truck at my expense, first an inch of dust needed to be blown off. After thinking about it a few days it seemed awfully expensive for their size, considering 6 & 8 foot truck shells are the same price or less. For me, I really don't have a place to safely or conveniently store it when its not needed, I really don't have any help to remove and re-install it. It was nice though.

Regarding your username... one consideration for the shell was to tote our Jetski inflatables out to the lake. Stacking and strapping them on the tonneau cover actually worked out well, and the exterior hooks on the Sport Trac bedside finally had a use. Takes way too long for the 12V compressor to inflate the various tubes we have lakeside.

We have a matching pair of Kawasaki 750's that my kids enjoy, 44 MPH all day on calm water. We purchased these brand new in 1998 or 1999 and they have been fantastic. My machine is a SeaDoo XP with the 951 Rotax thats good for about 65, it has a ton of $tuff on it. My wifes machine is a 3-seater Polaris 780 3-cylinder, it'll get upto 55. Its extremely stable and forgiving and has the power for tubes. Before the SeaDoo I had a Tigershark, and for one year we had an extremely expensive, extremely troublesome Auqatrax that Honda purchased back from us. So there you go.

Back