• Register Today It's free!

torsion bar bolts?

shabbadoobie

Reaction score
City, State
north central,KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
Will it be safe to use 100 mm torsion bar bolts.And what size are the bolts,where can i get thim? I have a 2001 sport trac with 3 inch body lift, shackles, TT, 35inch BFG KOs . And how much lift can i get from 100 mm bolts and still be safe. THANKS

Honestly, you can crank them as long as you want, but the upper control arm bottoms out at about 2". A longer bolt will just make it stiffer.

I think you shouldn't bother, but it seems everyone get's different results. I had mine cranked all the way and had zero down travel. The trac does come with stiffer bars so honestly, like I said, you should be fine with the bolts you have.

As for the size....you'll have to find out yourself. Take out a bolt to compare at the local auto parts store. That's you best bet.

Good luck.

Hey, Shab, (I,m Todd D on mysporttrac) I,ve also thought of this, but they say if you go go much over 2 inches that the angle will be very hard on the front CV joints.
I got a full 2 inches out of my stock bolts cranked all the way then backed off 1 turn, but I,ll tell ya the ride sucks so bad that I,m going to try new shocks and if that dosent help I,ll drop it back and go with the body lift.
good luck, Todd

Originally posted by toad
, but I,ll tell ya the ride sucks so bad that I,m going to try new shocks and if that dosent help I,ll drop it back and go with the body lift.
good luck, Todd

I used Monroe Reflex Truck shocks, did the trick nicely.

Back