• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Bar Twist

undertow999

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
Hey there. Since no one makes a suspension or body lift for a '95 explorer i was thinkning about doin a torsion bar twist. I would like anyones who is willing to give their opinion about this procedure. Is it worth it. WHat are the pro's ans con's of a torsion twist? Can some one explain the procedure to me. Is it easy to do yourself or should i have someone do it for me. Thanx a bunch.

Oh yeah, what is the most i could get out of a torsion twist and what size tires could i fit under my explorer after its all said and done.

thanx

Hi. Do a search on "torsion lift". There are numerous threads on this topic. I've done the lift myself on my 96 4 door. You can get nearly 2" of lift with this method. Add Warrior shackles and you'll be able to fit 31x10.50's no problem. Maybe even 32x11.50's with slight trimming.

Just get a bodylift, you'll barely notice the torsion twist and it can be more of a headache than it's worth.

If you want a bodylift, get the Performance Accesories 853 kit. It's for 95-97 Rangers and it fits on Explorers.

Back