• Register Today It's free!

torsion twist questions

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
when it warms up and decides to stay warm I am planning on getting my body lift put on. I am also planning on doing a 1.5in to 2in. torsion twist. bc that is what I have read on here is about the best to stay with for a 2wd. but anyway sense I will be doin the torsion twist myself. how do I know when I have gotten each of the torsion bard equal at 2in of lift on them. does anyone know how many turns equals an amount of in. or however you want to say it. I just want to make sure I get both tosion bars at an equal amount of lift ( twist ) to them

You might want to measure first before you twist, then drive and re measure. LOL

Excellent point Rebel. Better yet, mark the exposed threads with a Sharpie or paint. Also important to use a standard SIX POINT socket when tightening, preferably with the wheels off the ground. Lot's of torque for 13mm bolt heads, like brake caliper anchor plate bolts. Most use the center of the wheel wheel hub to the edge of the fender for reference. Ford actually has a different procedure using the center of the LCA bolt to the ground. Although more accurate, the hub/fender method usually gives better visual results.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/re...epairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f802e41ba

Back