TPMS On after market wheels

TampaYankees

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
Hello all,

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. I have a 2013 and 2015 Ford Explorer. I just turned in a 2012 Acura ZDX that I had on lease, but not before removing some custom wheels. I think I can throw these wheels on one of the Explorers with an adapter. (If not, please let me know ;) ) I would like to know if the current Acura TPMS sensors are compatible? I believe both the Acura and Ex work off of 315mhz? Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Off hand I do not know, someone else may know though.
What you could do is call a parts store like Napa or CARQUEST and find out what the part number is for both cars and compare them. And they may even be able to tell you the frequency.

No they are not compatible. Different style and operate on a different frequency

Hello all,

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. I have a 2013 and 2015 Ford Explorer. I just turned in a 2012 Acura ZDX that I had on lease, but not before removing some custom wheels. I think I can throw these wheels on one of the Explorers with an adapter. (If not, please let me know ;) ) I would like to know if the current Acura TPMS sensors are compatible? I believe both the Acura and Ex work off of 315mhz? Thanks in advance
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
The Explorer frequency is 315 MHz. Don't know what the Acura uses. Not sue about the wheels since you haven't supplied and specs as to size etc.

Please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

motorcraft-tpms-sensor-71995304.html
Hi,

Does anyone knows if the tpms from 2007-2008 ford explorer eddie bauer will work on 2013 ford explorer? i planning put the wheels from explorer eddie bauer with stock tpms to the 2013 ford explorer ltd.

Thanks

motorcraft-tpms-sensor-71995304.html
Hi,

Does anyone knows if the tpms from 2007-2008 ford explorer eddie bauer will work on 2013 ford explorer? i planning put the wheels from explorer eddie bauer with stock tpms to the 2013 ford explorer ltd.

Thanks
To start with the 5th generation uses 315 Mhz sensors. Also, you have to know if your sensors are the 'band' type or the 'valve' type. The 5th gen uses the valve type sensors.
EDIT: Did some Internet searching after my reply above and found this; From 2006-2009, Ford used banded sensors that are mounted in the center of the rim. ..
http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/tpms-update-ford-tire-pressure-monitoring-systems/

Peter

Thanks peter... the old tpms is band type and.. just wondering if they will work on 2013 explorer. so that i dont need to buy a new one. stock rims(same as explorer sport track) just powder coated and will put the old tpms if it will work.

Thanks peter... the old tpms is band type and.. just wondering if they will work on 2013 explorer. so that i dont need to buy a new one. stock rims(same as explorer sport track) just powder coated and will put the old tpms if it will work.
It depends on what frequency they operate on. Try entering your VIN on this site; https://www.etis.ford.com/
. Select the Vehicle tab and see if it will bring up your 2009. If it does look for the line that shows 315 Mhz or a similar frequency. You can expand the list that initially shows.

Peter

the old tpms have the same signal with the 2013 ford explorer.. 315MHz.. heres the spec of old tpms..

50 psi, 315 MHz
2802E0E6
6L2T-1A150-AA
5E0670147
PBT-30 GF
FCC ID: K0BTTD)6A
IC:3521A-FTD06A

Back