Traffic Coloring on Route goes Away | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traffic Coloring on Route goes Away

My point is it isn't Sirius. So, that helps you narrow it down, doesn't it. Otherwise we could just shut up and let you wallow around not knowing where to start........

I already know it isn't sirius, see above. You could refrain from adding comments that are no value as well.

I already know it isn't sirius, see above. You could refrain from adding comments that are no value as well.

I disagree that this is necessarily an MFT issue and not a Sirius issue.

All of the evidence presented so far could also be explained by a lack of traffic data by Sirius that affects some, but not all geographical regions. Even though the Sirius satellite signal is available and being sent and received, the actual traffic data underlying the colored display may not be available in all geographic regions at all times. Perhaps Sirius has a crappy data provider that is not adequately providing data for all locations at all times. This would explain why some get it sometimes and not all times, as well as why some get it all the time (the provider has a reliable source of the info) as well as why some don't get it at all (Sirius doesn't have the data for that area).

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't MFT's fault.

Just got home from a long trip and at one pt we were stuck in a 15+ mile backup on 95N in NC. We were using the nav with a destination and we did have yellow and red lines along our route. We also had the little yellow tags to indicate traffic. However when we went to sirius traffic info in the menu it listed no incidents along route. If it is sirius why does it give colored indicator lines along route but lists no incidents along route when clearly there were.

Mine goes out ever few weeks. I have used the delayed reboot app (you can download and put on usb stick) to resolve it most of the time. This seems to reset the system on how MFT pulls and uses the sirus data.

See this post for how to get app: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382163&highlight=delayed+reboot

This was my last hope. I tried it 10 times, never worked. I think I'm SOL until the next update and even then it will probably only work for a few months then cut out completely again.

Back