Trails around the Ohio Valley | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trails around the Ohio Valley

C

ChrisW

does anyone know of any good trails around the Ohio Valley area? Possibly in Kentucky or Tennessee if not in Ohio? All reply's are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
ChrisW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chris,

On the Kentucky / Tennessee border there is an area called Land Between the Lakes. In this huge recreational area, you will find a park called Turkey Bay ORV area. It is a drive anywhere off-road playground. There are hills to climb, mud-holes to try (or go around). There are campgrounds, horseback riding, fishing, you can even see live buffalo!

There are many miles of dirt road outside of Turkey Bay ORV area, too, that are worth exploring. We went there in 1997 and had a great time. It is a place I would definitely like to return to.

------------------
Scott
sjbosso@mindspring.com

Chris,

On the Kentucky / Tennessee border there is an area called Land Between the Lakes. In this huge recreational area, you will find a park called Turkey Bay ORV area. It is a drive anywhere off-road playground. There are hills to climb, mud-holes to try (or go around). There are campgrounds, horseback riding, fishing, you can even see live buffalo!

There are many miles of dirt road outside of Turkey Bay ORV area, too, that are worth exploring. We went there in 1997 and had a great time. It is a place I would definitely like to return to.

You could give the badlands in Attica, Indiana a try, I am not sure how far it is from you, but couldn't be too bad. Join the EF badlands run this spring!

(Outdoing JT's bump:D)

I think Scott sold his explorer because of the Y2K threat.

:D

Nice find.

Yeah, I heard they were all going to roll over when it hit midnight:p:

:roll:

bwah ha ha

Chris,

Been there years ago, it is lots of fun.

Back