• Register Today It's free!

Tranny Pump Question

wingnutkev

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
OK long history of transmission issues on this truck but there is a basic question after the brief history.

Had one trans front seal failure, replaced with a junk yard trans and pulled the failed one out with intentions on rebuilding it. In the mean time 3 months go by and the Junkyard trans rear extension housing and case broke (don't ask how). So I'm looking at being immobile for too long and to save time I figure take the good bell housing pump assembly off the Junk yard trans and put it on the one with bad front seal. All seemed well until I had it all back together and the truck would not move, it has no transmission fluid going trough the pump, no pressure.

So the question is was I just not careful when moving the pump over to the other trans and get it out of alignment or is there something simple I could be missing. There does not seem to be any blockage in the lines and everything is connected back up where it should be.

Kevin, no insult intended, but you did put fluid back in, right?

The only thing I can think of is maybe the torque converter wasn't fully seated. There's at least two sets of tangs that it has to be aligned with.....?

Back