P0750
P0755
P0760
P0765
P1451
P0135
P0155

Any assistance is appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Though I don't have any idea how to fix these, I'll just type what my code scanner says for the codes you provided:

P1747: EPC Solenoid
P1451: EVAP System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit
P0743: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit, Electrical
P0750: Shift Solenoid A Malfunction
P0755: Shift Solenoid B Malfunction
P0760: Shift Solenoid C Malfunction
P0765: Shift Solenoid D Malfunction
P0135: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0155: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than myself can chime in and help you out. At least the code descriptions might at least send you in the right direction for repairs.

check the harness that runs behind the engine and down to the transmission make sure the harness is connected or that a rodent has not chewed up the wires. god luck
Nate

Also check all the fuses. The O2 sensor heater circuit codes indicates a blown fuse for the heater circuit. If it's blown, check for a melted or frayed O2 sensor wiring harness (shorted).

Has the vehicle been in deep water? Does it shift at all, now? All the transmission codes are probably from a shorted or open plug, or a blown fuse.

The EVAP code is unrelated to the others, and probably is caused by a bad EVAP vent solenoid. The one located above the spare tire gives a lot of probems.....

Blown fuse is part of it

fuse #13 under the hood was blown. Replaced it and it drives, but it blew again so there must be a bare wire someplace. a heat shield had come off and was hanging from an o2 sensor so I took the shield off. the wires were not bare, but I put some tape over one that had a nick in the plastic.

Guys, can you let me know what these codes are:

P0162
P2000
C0400

Thanks in advance...

Jason, the P0162 is "O2 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 2, sensor 3)". Since the #3 sensor is behind the cat, I'd look for melted/shorted wiring where it routes over the cat. Or maybe a melted plug-in socket.

I have no idea on the other two codes; they aren't listed in my book.....? Are you sure they're correct?

If the P0162 is for your Explorer, check it to make sure it's right. As far as I know, Explorers have four O2 sensors, two on each bank. There would be 2 sensors on bank 1, and two on bank 2. So I don't see how there could be a bank 2 sensor 3 code on an explorer.

Thanks for the replies. These are the ones the scanguage came out with after I got my tranny rebuilt. It was running a bit weird, the guy said it was because there was some air trapped and that it would go away soon, which it did. I cleared the codes and they haven't come back, I was just curious as to what they were in the first place.

Jason, I took another look at these, and the P0162 code is indeed for the #3 O2 sensor, which as JMan says, you do not have on a 97......?

The P2000 is a manufacturer specific code and is: "NOx Trap Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). This is obviously an emissions/catalyst code, and may be related to the P0162.....?

The C0400 is a chassis related code, but I've no idea what it is......?

Maybe a scangauge with Alzheimers..... :confused:

Hahaha. Thanks again for the help. Hopefully they don't come back. :)

Ok, the check engine light is back and so are the codes. It turns out I had the first one wrong. It isn't P0162, it is P0161. Anything on that? Is there anywhere I can look these up myself? I hate to keep bothering you all...

Thanks again...

It's no bother at all, Jason, but I'm sure there's websites out there with the DTC defiinitions. Try a Google search and see what comes up.

The P0161 is "O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank2 sensor 2). That code will be caused by either a faulty B2S2, or frayed or burned wiring going to it. Probably the sensor itself, if I had to guess.....

Once you solve that code, the P2000 may go away too. Cross your fingers.

The C0400 chassis code could be a light burned out somewhere, or connected to something that's electrically attached to the chassis.....? Just guessing here, but check all the parking, tail, headlights, etc....

ROE

Any idea where the B2S2 would be located? How the hell can it be affected by a tranny rebuild. I think I need a new tranny shop. :confused:

Jason, bank 2 is the driver's side, and sensor 2 is the second one in line from the exhaust manifold. I don't know exactly where they are on a 97, but look downstream a bit, near the cat or behind the cat.

The trans shop probably had to remove some of the exhaust pipes to do the work, and maybe broke an O2 sensor wire, or banged up a sensor. It might even be the sensor plug-in not seated correctly; I'd check for that first. Maybe un-plug and re-plug the sensor, with a squirt of WD-40 for good measure.

Luck,
ROE

Back