Transfer case shaft sensor for 4x4 blinking light. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transfer case shaft sensor for 4x4 blinking light.

Waiting for Parts blows lol. That def sucks sounds like the clutch is slippin and not gettin full power to the front. As soon as the module comes in im going to plug it in and see if it works. If not i havent seen any how to's on the newer transfer cases so if i have to rip mine down ill take pics and try to write a how to or atleast a helpful guide

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried both modules to see and still the same.

Been surfing Ebay for transfer cases. I would rebuild mine if it is cheaper. I wonder if I can add something into the case to increase performance so I can deal with this winter.

Good Luck! Hope it is plug and play for you. It would suck to have to pull the transfer case.

But if you have to, I would love a HOW TO on the newer transfer case.

Thanks Trucku for that link, Guys i think if im reading this correct Pg 47 says to check for greater than 10 volts on pin 16 which is brown wire(really hard to read on my browser).

Hey Victorv if this is correct, then you could hang a jumper on the brown wire to 12v and test the transfer case to see if the front axel turns. i might try this when i get home tonight!

That diagnostic is assuming the clutch is engaged at 100 percent. To do this you need a ford scanner. At 100 percent you should have more than 10 volts which mine did as i drove. But i think you are right if you apply 12 volts itshould engage the clutch but im not 100 percent sure

I had tried that on mine but it did nothing for me so i figured it was cause i did not have a scanner

my thought is if you push the button for 4x4 that would put 100% to the front drive shaft. But my thinking has got me in trouble before LOL.

Lol meee to. Well the module will be here tomorrow and crossing fingers. No wish it was but no. The clutch opens and closes from the module but gets its readings from the throttle body. As gas is applied. It sends the signal to the module then to the clutch as to how much should be open when. If u ask me it should be 100 at all times but that would burn out the clutch quicker

Thanks Trucku for that link, Guys i think if im reading this correct Pg 47 says to check for greater than 10 volts on pin 16 which is brown wire(really hard to read on my browser).

Your welcome Jeff!

Called around and can get a 2003 transfer case for $300. I can also get a AWD transfer case for $600.

Does anyone know if the BW4410 AWD can just be bolted in place of my a4wd transfer case? I would not mind turning my truck to AWD. It is not like I ever hit them buttons. Was reading this tread

300 is decent im gonna be shopping around to. got the module and its the wrong module. stupid for dealership off sent me packaging with the right module number but the module in the box is identical to the one in my truck so either someone did a swap and rebox or they are just idiots. either way tried it and same thing so guess ill be tearing it apart

hmmm turns out i might be the idiot, the module in my truck was the updated module. awesome 160 for nothing. o well i can sell it. why ford has different part numbers on the boxes is beyond me. so i received 1L2z 7E453 A which is what is says on the box and 1L24-7h417 a on the module booooooo

300 is decent im gonna be shopping around to. got the module and its the wrong module. stupid for dealership off sent me packaging with the right module number but the module in the box is identical to the one in my truck so either someone did a swap and rebox or they are just idiots. either way tried it and same thing so guess ill be tearing it apart

I was surprised at the price. Also the part is covered for 30 days. It is still way cheaper than ebay. Would really like to just go AWD and eliminate all the other variables for things going wrong.

I would take that back and show the dealer the part # are different. Maybe they will just refund your money, since you never plugged it in.

hmmm turns out i might be the idiot, the module in my truck was the updated module. awesome 160 for nothing. o well i can sell it. why ford has different part numbers on the boxes is beyond me. so i received 1L2z 7E453 A which is what is says on the box and 1L24-7h417 a on the module booooooo

My newest module has 1L2Z-7E453-A on it. The one the dealer put in is 1L24-7H417-AK.

That is not a bad price for the module. My dealer wanted over 200 for the module. I ordered it from rockauto.com.

Hmm Making me wonder now what the module in the truck actually says...lol.

Try to see if the dealer will take it back.

yea the box the new module came in was 1L2z 7E453 A but the number on the module is 1L24 7h417 AL. I gotta post a new topic and see if that's what people have. Yea i found them on a search oem ford parts but if its not the right part then they are no help lol.

Any updates on your end?

update : there is none lol :) gonna be close to 60 this weekend hopefully so gonna try and rip it apart and see what happens. will let you guys know then

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Few days ago my front end groaned as I turned. I shut of my truck and disconnected the module. Looks like at some point 4x4 engaged. I was making a very tight turn into a lot. After I disconnected the module no more noise going tight left or right. I haven't had a chance to do anything else.

How are you guys doing?

Back