Transfer Case Which Years | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transfer Case Which Years

Any updates BogFather ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still SCRAPING the $$ together to get it, $200 for the t-case, t-case skid and Drive shaft. With insurance due and what not gonna take a bit :( :( . but the guy is gonna hold onto it for me WOOHOO

Oh ok good good.

Nova Scotia eh? I used to be a huge fan of Sarah Mclachlan (as odd as that sounds) and she was born not too far from you :thumbsup:

YUP hop skip and JUMP, will keep ya updated as i get closer back into the woods hehehe

WELL T-case, T-case skid & Driveshaft are now in hand. Driveshaft not needed but always good to have spare parts right ;) ;) . Hope to have case in by next weekend as a run is coming up hehehehe PLAYTIME AGAIN.......

Well got T-case in and new u-joint in front driveshaft, and everything went pretty smoothly. UNTIL i went to try it out. Now here is my DILEMA, she shifts into 4high and 4low with a loud clunk, but when i go to give her a good shot of gas in auto,4high, & 4low she gives a VERY loud clunking noise.....ANY IDEAS???

So is the vehicle able to move or not (with the clunk)?

As for the clunk itself, it could be anything in the driveline at this point.

So is the vehicle able to move or not (with the clunk)?
YUP can move still, a good shot of gas is when she clunks :eek: , but when i let off the gas it is fine.

My buddy that helped me put it in and myself think it may be the front driveshaft that the bearings in it might be warped or what have you :confused: . So this being said, the driveshaft i picked up with the tcase will be getting put in to see if that fixes it. We know it's in the front end because we did the brown wire mod and in 2wheel it doesn't happen. Will update as we get it figured out, CROSSING fingers it's the driveshaft ;);)

You can take it for a spin w/o the front driveshaft.

The Mighty CLUNKING

Well threw the driveshaft in this morning at work and all went well till i went to take the old driveshaft out and the bearings and ring came out. So i threw it aside and put the new to me driveshaft in thinking hey maybe thats why it's been clunking. pulled her out of the shop threw it back into 4wheel auto and............................................CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK......SAME GOD DARN sound from the DANG thing. Which tells me it MUST MUST MUST be the front Diff gone bad somewhere in the housing :splat:

ANYONE have any other IDEAS :confused: :(

Bump!!!!!!!

hey sound like what mine started doing right before it failed all together

Back