Transgo Shift Kit vs. B&M Shiftplus | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transgo Shift Kit vs. B&M Shiftplus

TequilaSnrs087

Reaction score
City, State
Chapel Hill/Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I was looking into getting a Transgo shift kit for my Explorer, but I am nervous about finding a shop I can trust to do the job. I'm wary of just handing over the truck to someone and letting them take apart the valve body. I was discussing the issue with a friend, and he suggested the B&M Shiftplus. It sounded very interesting, but after digging around on the forums, I'm not so sure. It seems like a lot of people here were unhappy or even had problems develop with the B&M. My truck has 150,000 miles on it and the transmission has never been touched aside from fluid changes. Will this thing cause havoc inside my transmission? My main goal is to reduce wear and tear and firm up the shifts a little, not kill the thing. So, which is a better way to go? B&M or Transgo?

Also, I have transmission code "T"...will the Shiftplus even work in my truck (this code is not listed on their product description and their help line was clueless)?

Back