• Register Today It's free!

B&M ShiftPlus Questions

fordexplr2000

Reaction score
City, State
Union County, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT AWD 5.0 and was lookin into gettin a B&M ShiftPlus for it. The product description from B&M's website is as follows:

ShiftPlus simply recalibrates your transmission's hydraulic system electronically. The ShiftPlus shift firmness not only makes driving more fun and pleasurable, but slippage and heat are reduced - extending the life of your transmission! Anyone can install a B&M ShiftPlus in minutes with a few simple hand tools. This new design allows you to improve the transmission's shifting performance without removing the transmission pan or valve body. The B&M ShiftPlus electronically enhances shift quality and is adjustable. A simple flip of the switch allows the transmission to operate in the performance mode. Flip it back and you are back to stock!

The applications that are listed are for Ford rear wheel drive and 4wd vehicles trans code D,E,P,U,H,L & V (found on plate on driver door post) '97 Expedition/Navigator, '95-'97 Explorer, '95-'97 pickup F-150, F-250, '94-'97 F-350, '94-'97 Lincoln Mark VIII.

Although it doesn't say it is made for 2000 Explorers, I still have the trans code U and a 4R70W trans if I'm not mistaken. What are your suggestions regarding my thoughts of buying it? I called B&M directly and the guy I talked to said that they never tested the ShiftPlus on Explorers after 97s and wouldn't recommend that i try it. If the trans code matches, shouldn't I be able to use it in my 2000?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had it on my 2001. I liked it, it shifted nice and strong with it in the #1 setting and hard as a rock in the #2 setting. It made the truck accelerate much stronger.

#2 in a 97 5.0 supercharged- shifts are hard-on perfect. I've been abusing my tranny 1.5 years and no problems. Go for it.

Will this work in a 98 5.0?

Does anybody know for sure if it will work in a 98?

tcbradbury98 said:
Does anybody know for sure if it will work in a 98?
The one in link above does----sorry, i didn't realize there were 2 diff ones for sale

Back