• Register Today It's free!

Transmission cooler line fitting

Sam 1122

Reaction score
City, State
iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
95 XLT Explorer. I'm installing a B+M SuperCooler. The fitting that was with the kit will not work. The threads that screw into the radiator are the right size but it's not the proper type of fitting. I was hoping to install the fitting in the bottom hole of the radiator and connect the cooler hose to it and run the line to the one side of the cooler. I think I read somewhere where the fitting needs to be a compression fitting in order for it not to leak. All I need to know is what size and type of fitting(barb?) that I would need to have in order to install it and then connect the cooler hose to it. Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the site. :) I would sugest looking in the yellow pages for hydraulic hose suppliers. What you probably need is an adapter. The company I work for sells hose and adapters. I think what you need is a female pipe thread to male JIC. Is the connection on your cooler a female with a concave flare at the end of the thread? If you can, post a picture of your tranny cooler.

I too had problems, i bought an extra fitter and that leaked eventually so i took it into ford and they fixed it for 75 :-(

Back