Transmission mount nut and bolt sizes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission mount nut and bolt sizes

TheJerm

Reaction score
City, State
Mundelein, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer EB ohc
Hi all,

I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC which I bought last fall and have been, with all of your help, fixing it up and tinkering! I love this site! It is must read for anyone owning an explorer. I will post later on about what all I have done and plan on doing. My question is: I am changing the transmission mount tomorrow morning. I have been having the slow speed, small bump knock, along with a vibration above 2000 rpms, and harder than normal shifts. I was checking my drive shafts and u-joints, which were fine, and happened to see the T-mount so decided to check it. I got my jack and jacked up the tranny with a board for protection and the T-mount split in half! The bottom half stayed on the cross member and the upper half remained on the tranny. so I bought a new one from Advanced auto for $20, it comes with no hardware and as the bolts and nuts are shot and rusted on the ford I wanted to run grab replacements before I got started. does anyone know what size the 2 nuts and 2 bolts are? I've looked around and can't find it. thanks in advance!

Back