Transmission question....99 EB 4x4...53K miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission question....99 EB 4x4...53K miles

iajet

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 & '10 XLT 4x4
Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

Every once and a while when I come to a complete stop, with the brake pedal depressed, there is a little "hiccup" like the truck was still in gear and has released or was not in gear and has some how shifted. It is barely noticeable but isn't right as this started a few months ago I would say. It is due for an oil change and want to have some idea of what the problem might be prior to taking it in.

Thanks again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am also having the following problem.

At around 50 mph a loud whining noise becomes obvious and increases in volume the faster I drive. I have AT tires with 20k miles on them that are rotated and balanced every 4k miles. I don't think the tires are the culprit.
Any ideas?

Any chance these two are related in any way?

Nothing ?

Whining is from the tires.

So you're getting a little bump from the transmission just after you come to a full stop?

Transmission been serviced lately?

Grease the slip yoke

Transmission was flushed and replaced about 12K miles ago.

Thanks

Slip yoke needs to be greased. I have to do this around 70K to 80K miles. There's a thread on here somewhere on how to do it.

Back