tricked 04

justanothersmith

Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
Great seller.
Sold me a set of wheels and tires for a great price.
He also communicated very well. I'd do business with him again.:thumbsup:

Wouldn't buy again

:thumbdwn:
I'm late posting this, but I bought a front diff from tricked04 in March 08 with 4.88 gears and an aussie locker installed. His price was great, and he even included spare CV joints.
What he didn't tell me was that the pinion seal and bearing were bad, and the diff leaked like crazy. I took a day off and arranged for some work space to install the diff myself, everything went well, and I drove down the freeway to see family on the weekend.
When I get there, I smell warm gear oil and find that the pinion seal is leaking badly and throwing gear oil all over the bottom of my truck onto the catalytic converter. When I got home I checked the oil level again and it had lost nearly half a quart. I drive like this for a couple weeks adding oil every few days. Since I had no workspace or time from work I had to pay $300 to have the diff taken out again and the bearing and seal replaced (the bearing was scratched bad). The seller had to know about this based on how fast it leaked. I would have still paid the same price (it was a great price) if I knew, and it would have saved the trouble of doing something twice.
Seller should have disclosed the leak.

Hmm...yeah that does bite. The wheels and tires were in great condition, but i had alot of mud and grease to powerwash off when i got them seperated. The deal was great though. How much did you buy your stuff for?

Back