My tricked explorers progression | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My tricked explorers progression

Well I got my rims, and here is my truck when I first got it, bone stock. Sorry this one is so dark also
View

Now here it is with light covers, lund rear wind deflector, and lowered.
View

View

This is from yesterday 8/16/00, I got my new rims, these are Enkei RTS's with Michilen Pilot LTX's 255/55/hr17. I also got my windows blacked out. I will have more pics soon, I only had two left on my roll. I took some more, but have to finish this one now! When they are developed I will show you my rims closer up, and my white face gagues. Next mods to come, when I get my wheel spacers and have my fender flares, bumpers, and spoiler painted the red body color ;-)
View

View

[Edited by Jornum1 on 08-18-2000 at 09:20 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry for the mess ups, I put some of the pics in the wrong place. They are fixed now. So what does everyone think?

[Edited by Jornum1 on 08-18-2000 at 09:22 AM]

Off-roading board?

Well that is actually the first time I've ever seen a LOWERED Explorer. Looks nice tho.

Lo ri der

I am not getting any pics to come up on this end

Hey Jornum1,

Those rims look even better than I thought they would! Nice!!

Pacman

Looks good! I want to paint my bumpers, too. Are you taking yours in to a shop?

--mark

Looks good.

I see what you mean about needing the backspacers. It needs a bit wider stance.

yeah I need the spacers in the rear especially. THey just swallow up the wheel. I am going to get the bumpers done at my local autobody place I think. My father is friends with him, so I know I will get a good price. I contemplated doing it myself, but I have no experience with painting automobiles. I think this one I will leave up to the pros, so i get a nice finish. Once that is done, I will zaino her up, and will post more pics. I love the rims too. When I first saw them off the truck, I wasnt sure. They looked kinda different then the pic. I said to myself, I hope I just didnt waste a grand plus on something I dont even like. But after I got it washed, and polished them up. Wow, I love them now. I definetly get alot of looks. I live in a pretty urban atmosphere, and there are alot of tricked suvs, but they all are slammed on the ground, and have big chrome wheels. They are soley for show. I am trying to keep my look more performance, then gaudy chrome. I like that I can take about all the tricked suvs, and most of the little tricked cars around town. Especially considering I havent even really done a major modification performance wise.
But thanks guys for all the positive feed back. Keep it coming ;-)

Back