Trim color on a pearl white 1998 LTD. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trim color on a pearl white 1998 LTD.

Help...I need to know the trim color on my 98 expl ltd...exterior is (wf) pearl white..interior is graphite..... need to replace the rear bumper step pad and hitch cover and I don't know if it's lt prairie tan or lt cypress. The body shop wants to replace with a dark gray and it does not match!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcoem susan

Susan- is this your color?

yA_800.jpg

<edit> nice bumper- no rust!

Yes...it looks like the same color.....do you know the color name and where I might get the upper and lower covers?
Thanks....

BrianDye will see this- Brian, look at your door sticker...

Welcome Susan.

FYI, you should be able to get the part number from one of your trim pieces, on the underside. Pull the hitch pad piece off, and see what the part number is on it.

Not many of those trim pieces are still available. I suggest contacting some of the really big online supplies, they do better at finding old parts. I prefer Tasca Ford, they are the largest and as cheap as any others.

http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213668

Welcome Susan.

FYI, you should be able to get the part number from one of your trim pieces, on the underside. Pull the hitch pad piece off, and see what the part number is on it.

Not many of those trim pieces are still available. I suggest contacting some of the really big online supplies, they do better at finding old parts. I prefer Tasca Ford, they are the largest and as cheap as any others.

http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213668
I can't believe how hard it is to find out the color name for this step pad, it seems to be on all pearl white limited trucks! It has a gold, champagne look to it.....
That would have worked except the repair shop already removed them and then said they are not reusable even though the lower pad was fine....now I have dk gray on upper and lower and I am NOT happy! They said they can find the upper but not the lower, figures, they say the color is called cypress which I have no way of confirming....do you think the lower can be painted to match the cypress upper? Truck does not tow so would not have contact on the cover.

Try to get any part number from either proper colored piece. Any place you contact to find it will ask for a part number.

After that they might ask for the trim coeds from your door edge VIN tag.

I suggest calling Tasca Ford and getting a person on the phone. Give them your information as best you have it, #'s, trim codes etc. They should be able to figure out what that color was, and the part numbers you need.

I was lucky that my dark red color bumper trim was still available, at about $60 and $12. Now I may not use these, as I found an XP8 bumper to go over the stock bumper.

You don't want to paint it, it's hard to sand that, and the paint doesn't stick well outside in the weather.

Attachments

• bumper trim color.jpg
    bumper trim color.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 463
  • 99 tail lights 2.jpg
    99 tail lights 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 517

Back