Trying not to be angry dealing with Ford Customer Service... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trying not to be angry dealing with Ford Customer Service...

OMG! I just posted about the FPC and I wanted to see if when the GT350Rs are coming into dealer inventories...and I went to Ford.com.

Huge banner ad with an Explorer: "Pavement is overrated"

Somebody better tell the warranty department, ASAP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Quick update, Ford Service from this forum did respond. I am very grateful and optimistic we can get this resolved.

Quick update, Ford Service from this forum did respond. I am very grateful and optimistic we can get this resolved.

As it should be. Good luck! :salute:

Way late for this subject, but a point worth considering. The shock seal failed. The fluid leaked out. The 'dry' shock overheated while on the open highway (and yes, they do work a lot on 'smooth' roads) due to having no lubrication (also called cooling) and caused the plastic shroud to melt and parts of it to smoke when they hit the tail pipes. I have, over the years had more than one shock get wet from leaking. In Alaska many many years ago I had the front shocks replaced on my F-110 (the designation for an F-100 with 4WD). They put on extra duty replacements. What a buckboard it was for a while! Too bad you didn't keep the old shock. I think you have a case for a complaint against a Ford dealer with less than stellar habits. Actually, they should be happy that your vehicle didn't catch fire. It would have been another spear in Ford's Explorer problems heart.

Thanks Rtball. For a $250 part, I didn't wind up suing Ford, nor did they make it right. They played the odds and I guess they won. I am very unhappy about this, but generally otherwise happy with my Explorer. I also bought a boat and after thinking the Explorer could tow it fine, it is a little weak in that area. That's the topic of another thread...

Thanks for all the replies, hope you guys are doing well.

this is sad, so they show an Explorer driving thru dirt etc in commercials but if you get a little mud on a truck shock from driving on a dirt road or driveway, the vehicle cant handle it? I would understand if it was a street bike or GT-40 or something but its obviously bad design that led to the failure, its not like you submerged the vehicle into a river.
I would never regularly tow heavy items with an independent rear axle, causes all sorts of wear, also the V6 has some torque but not enough.

Back