• Register Today It's free!

Tuging

msuiter1

Reaction score
City, State
waukee, ia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
When ever I leave from a stop it tugs and when ever im crusing then get on it it tugs. it seems to tug the most between 1500 and 2000 rpm. but when i pop off overdrive to will be fine. already run sea foam and full injector cleaner. no clue what it is. anyone have any idea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean by "tug"?

Um... My explorer like slightly jerks back and forth. kinda hard to explane lol... when im at a stop it has little shivers and rocks the intire truck. this is extremly difficult to explain for some reason. so if anyone want to send a better describtion of what happening i can chose the closest one. Thank you very much.:(

Hi and welcome to the forum. Is it like a misfire? Does it "tug"? when out of gear (ie: neutral or park)? Do your RPM's drop when this happens or do they stay steady or do they surge up and down? It seems a little like mis-firing under load. Have you given the Ex. a tuneup? new plugs/wires/fuel-filter/air-filter etc?

yea when im out of gear the rpm's drop when it rocks my explorer. yes, i have done all of those except the fuel filter. thank you for helping me out. any ideas how to fix the issue?

I would use a scanner to see what trouble codes are stored in the computer. Sounds like its electrical.

I have and all they said is there was a oxygen sensor the was responding slow. thats going to be fixed soon. but i dont think that is what causeing it, but im not sure.

I have this same problem,

Off the line, especially going up hill, my explorer kinda sputters and it has a ruff idle when in gear.

If im in park it dosnt, a friend says its a misfire but today i replaced all plugs and wires for the second time this year and the coil was replaced this year as well but still nothing, did a compression test and i have 210 on the dot across all cylinders so a blown head gasket is out of the picture, any other ideas?

Back