Turbo Explorer

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Well... I have been doing alot of research lately about turbos. Thinking of swapping the supercharger on my mustang out for a turbo...... Well I have been talking to this one guy and all the cars that he has built turbo systems for and ones that are coming up in the near future.... one of the next vehicles on his list to do is a turbo setup for is a 1997 Explorer! I just emailed him back to find out all the specs and to let him know I want pics and details.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's going to be way beyond even my fantasy budget but I'd sure like to know the packaging works out.

is this real? or another useless post? i want to see pictures, plans or a dyno run before i beleive that a 97 x has a turbo or that one is ever going to be made.....

well here is info from my other link and the info I received this morning.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=834177#post834177

Im not saying that his is going to be a full production kit but they are going to be making one and installing it... which means if anyone would be interested... they have already built one and have all the measurements and stuff to reproduce other kits. If I was not going to sell my explorer I would probably order one and have it built at the same time as this one. I will post pictures whenever i receive them but probably not til march.

Hopefully though I will have my mustang turbo kit on my car by then.

Originally posted by jimabena74
is this real? or another useless post? i want to see pictures, plans or a dyno run before i beleive that a 97 x has a turbo or that one is ever going to be made.....

its been done...cant remember his screen name but he's got a lifted white 2nd gen with a custom turbo setup...havent seen him around in awhile:rolleyes:

His name was Klowns. Last I heard he had hydrolocked it.

Yeah his handle was Klowns and he was running into some trouble with his EX.

Last I heard his Ex was straned and someone had smashed his windows or something?

his was alos a 4.0 V-6... or was it not

Yeah he had the v6 model

I wonder if that guy can make a Turbo Kit for a SOHC 4.0 V6.

I don't know what the latest is, but he hydro locked it on last springs Arizona trip. We had to tow it off the trail with Dustin's Bronco.

--Sean

Well, thats one way to intercool!
He had alot of work in that thing... was he planning on swapping in a crate motor(?) or anything? Just wondering...

Back