Turn signal and Cruise Control not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turn signal and Cruise Control not working

jrdavi1

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 xlt
I have a '03 XLT and prior to my current issue the cruise control would not work and the ABS light always stays on. Now, my left turn signal blinks rapidly on the panel with no turn signal light indication at the rear of the vehicle only at the front of the vehicle. I removed the steering column cover and could not find any loose wires. What common element would cause all three to fail? I had a Ford Tech look at this issue 5 years ago but the problem is back...any suggestions that I could resolve myself?

"cruise control would not work and the ABS light " that sounds like the Master Cylinder Switch. Its the silver thing that sit on top of the brake master cylinder. It deactives cruise and does something with the ABS, senses pedal press. Now to fix it right take to someone who can read ABS codes if its a C1440 then thats it. . .or i'd just buy a new one for $20, takes about 5min and a pair of channel-locks, and about half the price of pulling codes the 'zone can't read those, a brake shop like Midas does for $45, stealership wants like $90.

bad bulb on the turn signal, one of the rear bulbs

multifunction switch?

Back