• Register Today It's free!

Tweeter help needed.....

InkWax

Reaction score
City, State
Pitman NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
So after getting 95% of the system installed in the truck I only have about 3 small projects left.... and 1 slightly larger project. Installing the tweeters.....

I searched and read and searched and read.....

Took all the tweeter positions and noted them mentally. Then went to the truck and listened physically to each position. I have decided to install the tweeters in the front dash up by the window cause I think it gives the best sound to my ears.... herein lies the problem...

I have a pair of Kenwood Excelon KFC-Xr61p's. Have the cross-over and the 6.5's installed and they are happy. Well, it seems as though I have mis-placed my box for the speakers.... that means I dont have the flush mount cups for the tweeters.... I refuse to surface mount the tweeters...

Can anyone give me ideas on what I can do to solve my problem? Is there a way to fab up a flush mount cup for the tweeters? Does anyone know if I can purchase new mounts for the tweeters?

I dont believe that I would have thrown the box out and I will be searching much harder for it in the next couple of weeks but if I dont find it...... I need help.. :(

So, can anyone give me ideas PLEASE :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hide them in the defrost vents on the corners of the dash.

Maybe a long shot but give the measurements and maybe someone elses flush cups will work. I have two sets from different tweets gathering dust in the basement. Unfortunetly I bet the measurements and tolerances are pretty model specific.

Also maybe make something from pipe or pvc tubing. I'm thinking plastic pipe end caps might work.

Maybe find a local place that sells kenwood and see if they have instal leftovers

Thats a pretty big box to misplace if their comps. Just call kenwood up and they will send u out some new ones. They may be free but you will pay for the shipping. If their new just say they didn't come in the box, oh but wait you dont even have the box........ Just call them. You should be ok.

what you could do is silicone the back of them and hide them behind the vents above the radio creating a center channel. :D

how you planning on flush mounting them up there with the cups? i think you have to remove the dash to actually make that install...

or go to the store you bought them at and say you didnt get the flush mount things with them :)

Well, I called Kenwood and they suck.... no parts for my speakers....

Not worried about removing the dash....(if I have to)....

The place I bought them from installed the system in my old car.... so they know I got the parts....

Right now they are just taped to the dash......(talk about clean install)

I am thinking that I will just leave it there till I can purchase myself some Diamond Hex s600s.... The Kenwood tweets are too tinny, metal, whatever you wanna call it.... I want smooth silk tweets....

Good choice with the diamonds!!!!!!!!!!

Back