• Register Today It's free!

tweeter mount

Krzyboy2o

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport 2wd
where can i put a 1 inch tweeter? i want to put them on the door under the side mirror but that location isnt flat. any suggestions?

thanks
dre

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have my 1in tweeters at the base of the A pillar....right at the base where it connects to the rest of the door. Too bad I dont have any photos of it.
Pete

Here is a little trick I found out on my 95 xlt. I put a tweeter behind my vents on my center piece. They fit in there nice and snug and with a little silicone they wont go anywhere.

Here's how I mounted mine.

Tweeter1.jpg
Tweeter2.jpg

Cutting into your door panels is always risky because of mounting depth. My Infinity Kappas are mounted pretty tight into the door panels. once you start cuttin, there's no turning back... be careful!!! They have the ability to angle towards the listeners, but they are sooo crisp, i just leave them facing the center.
here's how i flush mounted my tweeters.
View

here's a close up of my passenger side.
View

I've got a similar setup as huidaddy....but mine are in the A pillar.......Measure 5 times....Cut once :)
Pete

tweet position

I mounted mine at the very top of the a pillar close to the sunvisors. I didn't surface mount them though i have a set of polk's and they came with several different mounting kits

Hi Krzyboy2o,

I mounted my 1"tweeter with a 5"woofer in the stock mounting places!!To mount them i take a piece of a 2mm metal!

So you don`t have to cut something out of your dash!!

Krzyboy 2o

I gave you bad advice about mounting the tweeters, when I told you I had mounted them but I hadn't hooked them up to my amp yet. There way to close to my ears and I don't get an even blend of mid base. A friend of mine who installs stereos for a living told me the best place on my explorer would be to mount them flush in the factory grilles of the door speakers or as close to them as possible. He said otherwise you won't get an even blend if hi's and midbass.
treyz82@hotmail.com

Hi treyz82,

try this one out:

Take the positive wire of your tweeter and hook it up to the negative contact and the negative wire to the positive contact.This way I hook the tweeters up when the`re mounted to far from the midbass.

Hope this helps-If not please reply again!

an pic of my loc of the tweets is here :

Dead Link Removed

Back