Twisted Trendz Customs 94 XLT on 40"MT's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Twisted Trendz Customs 94 XLT on 40"MT's

So I started out just trying to make a nice clean XLT with a mild lift in it. Then My fiance and I had a falling out so I took out all my frustrations on my truck and it grew! Here's what I came up with!

478638890_l.jpg

That was before I added the 3" body lift 2 more inches to the front suspension and a 1" leaf to the rear

484164754_l.jpg

Front shot with the new radiator support and nose on it (Yes I know there is a makeshift wooden body mount! for some reason the kit was one short)

487367612_l.jpg

Comparison shot to a stock 86 Ranger (92 nose conversion done to the 86)

So in the end I came up with a completely rust free XLT 11" of total lift in it, Dana 44 front axle relocated 6" forward for steering clearance, 6" coil up front with new fabricated mounts, 9" SOA rear end, locked with beefed up spring pack for extra lift, 39.5x15.5x15" Mickey Thompson Baja's.

Other mod's listed in my sig. And MANY more to come!

Thank's for checking it out and hope you enjoyed it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! Not too much lift for those tires. I like it :D

That's the first Explorer I've seen with a lot of lift and the RIGHT tire on there. Those fill it out very nicely. Great job :thumbsup:

-Drew

Damn, that looks great. :cool: It's making me think my truck is small now. :p

man that thing is huge! nice job, imo: itd look a little better with like 3" more of lift, so you wont rub when you flex. other then that it looks great, these explorers look great with monster tires

No more lift

I dont want to put in any more lift because as it sit's right now it is legal in NH, another inch and it would not be! So I'm picking up some glass fenders for it over the summer. The only place I noticed there might be any issue's with it flexing is in a full lock turn (yes thats right I can put in in a full lock with out rubbing!) at the front of the fender, but other than that no isues. I'll try and get a new side pic of it today so you can see the clearance with the additional lift and relocated axle. Thank's for all the positive feed back.

ExplorerDMB said:
That's the first Explorer I've seen with a lot of lift and the RIGHT tire on there. Those fill it out very nicely. Great job :thumbsup:

-Drew
exactly :thumbsup:

So what's the deal, man? You gonna slam the mud bog at the jambo this summer or what?

izackary said:
So what's the deal, man? You gonna slam the mud bog at the jambo this summer or what?

I dont know yet, I'd love to say yea but I have Nopi Nationals the same weekend with the car :( Sucks because I'd love to do the Jambo but I'm the prez of the car club and it's a huge telivised show that were entered in.
Hmmm? Maybe I can sneak outa the show early one of the days and cruise up to VT with the Ex for the night and make it back for the show in the AM. I guess as long as I trust leaving the key's to my Show car in someone else's hands I could leave my VP in charge. I dunno we'll see!

I will be at the Jambo!

OK, I just got a driver for my truck for the season to run the mud bog's with so my truck will be there at any rate. As soon as I can get out of the car show I'm leaving the show car, hoping into the Ranger and shooting up to VT for the afternoon/night to meet my buddy up there. So Issac he'll be trailering my truck up there so if you wanna roll with him I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Later, BJ

Back