U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!! | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some people didn't get the memo

I went to Las Cruces and back this last weekend.

On the way out I saw another Sport Trac with a U-haul trailer behind it headin East.
Then on the way home I saw a regular 4-door Explorer trailing a U-haul going West.

Damn, traitors!

I have a lifted jeep cj7....I woulden't bet anything on it being able to tow a uhaul decently

Re: Some people didn't get the memo

Originally posted by Johnstone
I went to Las Cruces and back this last weekend.

On the way out I saw another Sport Trac with a U-haul trailer behind it headin East.
Then on the way home I saw a regular 4-door Explorer trailing a U-haul going West.

Damn, traitors!

Maybe they put Mercury logos on before they went to Uhaul. It worked once, maybe it always works: Took the Sport emblem off my truck, replaced it with Mercury

I'm thinking about having stickers made

Explorers Against Uhaul

How about making a reversible, magnetic sticker? One side says "Boycott Stupidity, Avoid Uhaul". The other side reads "Mercury Mountaineer" or "Mazda Navajo". Then if you need to rent a Uhaul, you turn the sticker to the Mercury side and place it over the Ford Explorer logo. :D

haha, that would be slick

Wheee!

Well, looks like this issue is going to be here for a while. I have to move into a new apartment in July. Guess I'll just have to find another local trailer rental store in my area. This sort of crap just ruffles my feathers. Even a bunch of my lawyer friends look at this and exclaim how much of a "crock" it is.

They did the same thing to me When I wanted to rent a tow dolly from them. They wouldn't give it to me because I had a Jeep Wrangler. So I went to my local equipment rental place and got one with no problems.

Just yesterday I got on Uhauls website to see about renting a box trailer to help my dad relocate and I was surprised to find they would not rent to Explorer owners either! So I called the equipment rental place and again no problem.

So the moral of the story is the H3LL with uhaul. Support your local equipment rental businesses.

^ damn straight

yeah, its true

I just checked the uhaul website to reserve a trailer for this weekend. I'm going to pick up a '92 X parts truck, that I planned to tow with my '91... This is the message I got:

"This vehicle is not authorized to tow U-Haul equipment. U-Haul does not rent behind this tow vehicle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Is there a different vehicle that you can use for towing?"

Just for kicks I tried to reserve with a '91 Navajo and a '97 Mountaneer...The reply was that they did not weigh enough to tow an Explorer, but they would be accepted as tow vehicles if the load was lighter.

Hear Anything?

Does anyone have any updates to this story?

not that i know of

Folken said:
Does anyone have any updates to this story?

Uhaul is still stupid . Anything else I can help you with?

dogfriend said:
Uhaul is still stupid . Anything else I can help you with?

Heh, that goes without saying! :) Oh well.

As i stated a few pages back i compete in demolition derbies and i always rented uhaul trailers to tow my car to the track. I called Taylor rental yesterday (another big chain) and asked if they had car trailers and they said yes. Then my second question was do you rent to explorers. You could tell that the second i mentioned explorer the person on the other end of the phone felt uncomfortable and wanted to run away. He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back asking how far was i going to tow the car and all that. He finually said yes. Whooo Hooo! Its about time i found someone to rent me a trailer. The first event of the year is May 30th.

me too!!!!!! as an x uhaul employee id love to give them the shaft like they did me the petition idea is GREAT

SQExplorer said:
I just don't know how to tell a chick driving a open cabin jeep from california to Nebraska that I have no way of getting it to Indiana, thats all.....I just want to know the REAL REASON on WHY they're doing this!

Thats all!
HERE is your reason they have a multi million dollar law suit aginst them becouse some one pulling a uhaul trailer with an explorer wrecked and blamed it on the trailer this came from the "horses mouth" so to speak ( the marketing company president for mco 735 my x boss)

That is really lame... I could have sworn that the GMC Jimmy had the number 1 spot for easiest to roll?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cjbarron5 said:
HERE is your reason they have a multi million dollar law suit aginst them becouse some one pulling a uhaul trailer with an explorer wrecked and blamed it on the trailer this came from the "horses mouth" so to speak ( the marketing company president for mco 735 my x boss)
So all explorer owners should be penalized because one "explorer driver" sued. Here's an idea, don't rent to idiots. I wouldn't expect UPS to rent a Boeing 747 to anybody that has a personal pilot's licence, but yet UHAUL (and others like them) rent to anyone with a valid drivers license to haul as much crap as they can possibly fit.

When a truck driver spills a 20 ton load across the freeway killing people, there is no blaming the guys back at the loading dock, the "driver" is responsible for his load.

What is MCO 735? Or am I jusr missing something?

Back