Uh Oh? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uh Oh?

Was going 50 down this snowy road area on the military base here.. (yea... the speed limit was 30mph... 15mph when passing troops) anyways.. the snow sucked me in and jerked me into a ditch.. (thought I was going to roll for a moment) while I was in the middle of going off-road my battery light came on, power steering went out, and I THINK the engine died, I say I think the engine died because I quickly restarted to get the power steering up and running again.. and had the radio, cb and heater on.. so couldn't hear anything. Had to try n start it 2-3 times (started right up when I gave it some gas) until it finally started. I got out... I love these 31's!!!! Man.. I was so lucky no one came by.. that would have been bad.. I had an excuse though of someone crazy driver, going down the middle of the road speeding so I had to swerve... lmao.. Anyways.. can someone explain the battery light and power steering? I drove away, no check engine, or any other lights on. Steering is just fine, drives just like normal. Oh man... I've still got this rush goin on.. aahh..
I don't know if something happened to the smaller radiator thing behind the main one, there's no leaks anywhere. Do you guys think I'm okay?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As for why it stalled, it oculd have been a plethora of different reasons... My guess is that, being at 50 mph, the trans could have been in overdrive. Then, you hit the snow, coming to an abrupt halt, and before the ECU realized it was slowing down, then wheels had nearly stopped. Being in OD, before the trans could unlock and downshift, the engine RPMs dropped too low and it stalled.

That's my best guess... If it only happened once, don't worry about it. It's not worth worrying over. A one-time occurrence isn't anything to sweat over.

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if the filter got wet, it would restrict airflow and that might cause chugging

Intake is good to go, I cleaned off the top of the battery n a few random other things.
Runs like normal, there's a slight ticking noise coming from near the fan and alternator.. I can pin it down.
Belt needs changing I found, it has little cracks in the ribs.

2nd.

Ditch = 1st.
Huge Puddle = 2nd.

Gotta pay to play man... that's all there is to it.

Back