• Register Today It's free!

Unibody Damage

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
I was recently in an accident in my Explorer and it has unibody damage to it, basically I was hit on the driver side by another car and the unibody was bent behind the driver door and rear drivers side door. I'm pretty sure they are going to fix the damage, just wondering how safe will the car be structurally? And is there anything I should be worried about down the line as far as it affecting anything else? It's leased so I'm not too worried about the fact that it will take a huge hit on resale (Sorry Ford!). Just want to make sure I shouldn't be worried about putting kids back there after its fixed.

I was recently in an accident in my Explorer and it has unibody damage to it, basically I was hit on the driver side by another car and the unibody was bent behind the driver door and rear drivers side door. I'm pretty sure they are going to fix the damage, just wondering how safe will the car be structurally? And is there anything I should be worried about down the line as far as it affecting anything else? It's leased so I'm not too worried about the fact that it will take a huge hit on resale (Sorry Ford!). Just want to make sure I shouldn't be worried about putting kids back there after its fixed.

If it isn't safe they won't fix it.

Back