• Register Today It's free!

unknown filter an front end noise

iwillits

Reaction score
City, State
marion
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 ford explorer
ok so i have a couple questions there are two unknown filters that ive never seen before on my 96 ford explorer 5.0 under the back of the truck near the rear end. any ideas? an i have some front end noise just after replacing the driver side cv axle an two new tires? it was suggested to me that the abs wheel sensor or abs module was malifunctioning causing it to pulsate while tryin to stop. any ideas?

What type of noise you talking about? Is it a grinding, squealing, high pitch, low pitch, when does it do it, when does it not do it? If it only does it when you press the brakes and its a slow roll before you stop clicking, it could be the ABS. Need more info though for us to diagnose it.

The filter in the back, is there any hoses or tubes to it? I know some vehicles have a breather for the rear axle, not sure if thats it or not. See if there are any numbers on it, google them.

shooked
<///><

ok so i have a couple questions there are two unknown filters that ive never seen before on my 96 ford explorer 5.0 under the back of the truck near the rear end. any ideas? any ideas?

Medium size black box in rear above spare tire is the EVAP cannister. Don't know of any other filters back there; fuel filter is on rail under driver's position.

Back