• Register Today It's free!

'unusual' EATC issues

sidneyhop

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 AWD Limited
Ive searched around a bit but cant find anything thats similar to a problem Im having with my EATC.

If I hit a bump or make a hard turn, the fan kicks on and off. Even if the EATC is in the off position.
Also the same thing happens with the A/C. Even if its on the 'vent' setting the A/C will actually be on. Its happened where the unit/fan isn't even on and the A/C is on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

blower motor problems with the EATC are usually the blower motor controller. don't know about the A/C.

blower motor problems with the EATC are usually the blower motor controller. don't know about the A/C.

Ok, Ill get a new controller and switch it out.

Id like to tackle the AC problem also as its killing my mileage.

I think I read in a thread somewhere that you recommended having the EATC unit rebuild instead of searching a junkyard or buying new. Something about the electronics be fragile or something and rebuilding is just as good as new.

Do you know of a reputable place that does that?

Ok, Ill get a new controller and switch it out.

Id like to tackle the AC problem also as its killing my mileage.

I think I read in a thread somewhere that you recommended having the EATC unit rebuild instead of searching a junkyard or buying new. Something about the electronics be fragile or something and rebuilding is just as good as new.

Do you know of a reputable place that does that?
I know this is years apart but did you everget that eatc figured out? Mine seems like loose wire connection, but still cant pinpoint it. Slightest turn or movement causes it to go off and on

Back