RAP66

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Union City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer PIU
Hi there,

Recently purchased a 2017 PIU and it has the stock CD player with the 4in screen. I believe there is a GPS, (I cant find what turned it on) but I did see compass indicators on the dash when I drove it home. I would like to xfer my Sirius subscription subscription and add GPS but I might need a different CD unit. So to try and save a bit can I buy a junkyard unit and use forscan to link it to my car?? I'm assuming it would be the VIN#? also is this the correct PN gb5t-19c107-bf?

Thanks

-Rich

Hi Rich. As far as I know. the CD player has nothing to do with being able to receive Sirius/XM radio. When you say you want to add GPS are you talking about adding navigation? Do you have Sync?
Is the before picture here what you also have now? Has anyone tried the Car Navi Player head unit/dash kit?

Peter

Hi Rich. As far as I know. the CD player has nothing to do with being able to receive Sirius/XM radio. When you say you want to add GPS are you talking about adding navigation? Do you have Sync?
Is the before picture here what you also have now? Has anyone tried the Car Navi Player head unit/dash kit?

Peter

I have the 1st gen Sync with the 4in screen. I was asking about the CD player because the Sirius antenna and (I assume) the GPS connects there as well. I'm reading that the satellite transceiver is in the CD unit so I'm trying to save the $600 additional expense of the CD unit on top of the Sync3 upgrade costs. If I can buy the parts cheaper and DIY I will do the Sync3 upgrade that way and use the savings on other upgrades..

Back