Upper A-arms

explorer97

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego , California
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Hi,

I was just wondring is explorers upper a-arms are the same and ranger's upper a-arms. The reason i ask is i want to put custom upper a arms on my 97 2wd x but no body make them for are x's but they make them for ranger as i am pretty sure you guy's know. So i was just wondring if they did and if so what year ranger's would fit????.

Thank you

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not 100% sure, but i think they are different..... also in 98, the rangers went to a different suspension setup..... now i am not 100% sure on this, but i dont think they are the same

No I do not think they will work because the Upper A-arm on the passenger side of the Explorer has some adjuster nuts on it and the Ranger Upper A-arm does not have these. Also if they do work it will be very hard to get the alignment right on your Explorer.

Yes, the Ranger control arms are the same, they have the same part number. But, they mount in different places, so they will not work on an Explorer.

If you're thinking of using lowered control arms, they will not work.

I knew somone who tried to put fabtech ranger arms on his ex, and they were to short. The mounting is different because of the coil spring mount on the ranger. Now if they made some for a 4x4 ranger, they would fit like a champ. That should help you out.

OK cool that's should answer my question. I guess i'm going to get some custom upper a-arms for my x. Thanks every one very much for your help i really apprecaite it.

Thanks,

Delfino

umm zack, from eu, i think, is in the process of making lower control arms

umm zack, from eu, i think, is in the process of making lower control arms

Really does he have a web page or some sort of info in the web about his work?????

Delfino

Back