• Register Today It's free!

Upper ball joint

hondaslave1342

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT
Looking to replace my upper and lower ball joints. Do you have replace the whole upper control arm? Could not find one at a online ford site. 2005 sport Trac 2wd. It needs a complete front rebuild including rotors. Thanks

I've got a "02 that I recently replaced front end items on. I used MOOG parts featuring greasable ball joints. I DID replace the upper control arm assemblies and only the ball joints on the lowers (torsion bar front end). In addition I replaced both outer tie rod ends.

Not a hard job but time consuming. I rented the tools from the local auto parts supplier and found that the "kit' is "universal". Thus...... the items "needed" to remove the lowers... don't fit the lower arm arm properly. I had to jerry rig tools to "push out" the lower ball joints". YMMV.

Good luck.

I've got a "02 that I recently replaced front end items on. I used MOOG parts featuring greasable ball joints. I DID replace the upper control arm assemblies and only the ball joints on the lowers (torsion bar front end). In addition I replaced both outer tie rod ends.

Not a hard job but time consuming. I rented the tools from the local auto parts supplier and found that the "kit' is "universal". Thus...... the items "needed" to remove the lowers... don't fit the lower arm arm properly. I had to jerry rig tools to "push out" the lower ball joints". YMMV.

Good luck.
Appreciate you input. Thanks. Attempting this weekend

Back