• Register Today It's free!

Upper Control Arms

blluebear

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Merc Mounty
I have read all of the "sticky" about changing the upper control arms. The question I have is concerning the Moog products.

On the old Parts America web site (now called Orilley.com) has the driver and passenger side UCA, but the passenger one is listed as a "Problem Solver"? What does that mean? I would like to use the passenger side one piece.

As far as the camber/caster kits are concerned, they list two different ones. K80065 is a kit with bolts and everything with an adjustment of +/- 1 5/8". K8674 is just the eliptical washers with an adjustment of +/- 1 1/4". Which kit should I use. I kind of like to replace the bolts due to where I purchase the vehicle from.

Last ... how important is it to replace the outer tie rod ends? What are the reprocussions if I do not do it at the same time as the UCAs?

Thank you for any help.

Sorry I do not have an answer for you but I am interested in the replies as well. I may be performing this work soon as well. Too many part no's. Car Quest gave me different part no's as well and said they were Moog.

Back