• Register Today It's free!

vacuum problem

kwest159

Reaction score
City, State
elkins park, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
i have a 94 xlt thats having some problems. engine shaking and loud whistle.
popped the hood and found the sourse of the noise which looks to be a missing vacuum hose. in the picture below it is right next to the hose marked 1. looks like just a nipple without a hose there. i cant find the hose or where it came from. checked the vacuum diagram but its hard to figure out because the car is stuck somewhere else. i know this isnt the best information but any ideas will help. thanks

http://www.chiltondiy.com/content/9131/images/89684g10.pdf

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would start by capping it off and seeing what happens. May be that it was capped to beginwith and the cap fell off. (happend to me on a 3.0 in a ranger)

I tried for days to figure it out, took it to Ford and they put a 5 cent rubber cap on there and charged me 50 bucks...lol Live and learn :D

Daniel

i tried running it with my finger over it. ran good for a minute the back to shaking. will try to cap i though, you never know. just need to get it home. thanks

look to see if it was a rubber hose that dry rotted and fell...like the one to the tranny (if so equipped)

Apparently its a constant vaccuum straight off of the manifold, so its not a valve activation line...could be the one that goes to the fireewall for the flapper in the heat-A/C system. Might go to the cruise..Ive seen the cruise on some Ford vehicles run by vaccuum....

I hope Im helping here.... :p:

Daniel

Pics from a 91 4.0 OHV.

Some of the ports are capped. If you have an automatic transmission, they have a tendency to blow the vacuum lines off when the modulator goes bad. If this continues to recur, that may be the problem.

Attachments

• Vac Ports.JPG
    Vac Ports.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 5,718

Back