• Register Today It's free!

Velossa Tech Big Mouth air intake

SeeBird

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, XLT, 4WD
Has anyone installed one of these on their XLT? It seems it would just attach. However I cannot find anything on their website that suggests it will fit other explorers except the st.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The answer would be NO, at least not that they have reported. It was easy to find out by doing a Search on the word Velossa.

Peter

Very llittle if any aftermarket performance parts for the 2.3 . Some have used tuners ,etc.. from the Ranger but I would not suggest that as the transmission is different. Mustang would be closest on tune but I would be leary. It does not take much to cause damage so I'd stay away from anything not specific to the Explorer 2.3. Check aftermarket stores such as Steeda, they have some parts for the 2.3 such as exhaust, a drop in K&N air filter, etc...

The answer would be NO, at least not that they have reported. It was easy to find out by doing a Search on the word Velossa.

Peter
Why would I do more searches when you did it for me, I greatly appreciate the help. I was more so interested in if anyone had experience with it. Either way again thanks champ.

Very llittle if any aftermarket performance parts for the 2.3 . Some have used tuners ,etc.. from the Ranger but I would not suggest that as the transmission is different. Mustang would be closest on tune but I would be leary. It does not take much to cause damage so I'd stay away from anything not specific to the Explorer 2.3. Check aftermarket stores such as Steeda, they have some parts for the 2.3 such as exhaust, a drop in K&N air filter, etc...
Well look at that, it is possible to be helpful and not snarky all at once. SMH. Seriously I appreciate the info, I saw some stuff on Steeda. I am getting to know the vehicle more and more. It just seems there is not much for it and here in good ole CA everything is illegal.

Well look at that, it is possible to be helpful and not snarky all at once. SMH. Seriously I appreciate the info, I saw some stuff on Steeda. I am getting to know the vehicle more and more. It just seems there is not much for it and here in good ole CA everything is illegal.
I don't think that Ca is the problem.. I don't see anything except exhaust for the 2.3. I was on another forum and someone mentioned a tune that would bring the h.p. to 330 and I forget the tourque numbers and would not void the factory warranty, but when I researched it was for a Mustang. I don't want to mess with that because it would void the warranty if not designed specifically for our cars. I guess the aftermarket manuf. don't want or feel the need to invest in mods for the 2.3 Explorer because people like us are the rarity . Those who want more performance usually opt for the ST. I enjoy mine anyway. Hope you enjoy yours.

I'd be curious if a bit more gets developed for the 2.3 with the ST-Line being a sportier option with the 4cyl.

I'd be curious if a bit more gets developed for the 2.3 with the ST-Line being a sportier option with the 4cyl.
Agree, I was thinking that the Timberline may help also.

Agree, I was thinking that the Timberline may help also.
You might try contacting the mamufactor of the items you are interested in. The more interest shown the better chance of them producing it.

I don't think that Ca is the problem.. I don't see anything except exhaust for the 2.3. I was on another forum and someone mentioned a tune that would bring the h.p. to 330 and I forget the tourque numbers and would not void the factory warranty, but when I researched it was for a Mustang. I don't want to mess with that because it would void the warranty if not designed specifically for our cars. I guess the aftermarket manuf. don't want or feel the need to invest in mods for the 2.3 Explorer because people like us are the rarity . Those who want more performance usually opt for the ST. I enjoy mine anyway. Hope you enjoy yours.
I believe this is the only one that will not void an existing warranty. Ford Explorer ST Performance Calibration Revealed: +30HP With Factory Warranty Retained
BTW, the Aviator has the same engine as the ST.

Peter

Back