Video camera screen as monitor? HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Video camera screen as monitor? HELP

zensius

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
I've got a broken Sony video camera with a flip out view screen. I want to use the monitor in my rig as a small screen. Does anyone know how to just use the screen and connect a simple power and RCA video imput to it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just take it apart and tinker! :p
seriously though, dont know, cept just take a look at the wires goin into the screen and see whats what.

Oh, you guys are a lot of help.;)

Some the the higher end sony cams have a audio and video in, does yours? This will enable you to get some video on the screen. If so than this would work...get back to me

I guess that would work. But I was trying to ditch the rest of the camera and mount only the screen. I'm going to try and dismantle it this weeekend. I'll let those who are interested when I know.

Look for a "DIN" plug on the camera... you'll probably have to take if off you video card as a second monitor...which always screws up Windows. Also you will be getting into driver problems and matching lines of resolution.

If the camera works .... use it a webcam....it will be great quality .. and probably has a decent zoom and better field than anything you could buy for the price.

PS I got this program that will take a snapshot every so many seconds ....like a security cam ...keep an eye on your " X" in the driveway.
What out for terrorist activity! (just kidding)
but its fun to play with

Back