• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Video camera screen as monitor? HELP

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
I've got a broken Sony video camera with a flip out view screen. I want to use the monitor in my rig as a small screen. Does anyone know how to just use the screen and connect a simple power and RCA video imput to it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

davesexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F350 7.3
just take it apart and tinker! :p
seriously though, dont know, cept just take a look at the wires goin into the screen and see whats what.

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
Oh, you guys are a lot of help.;)

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
I guess that would work. But I was trying to ditch the rest of the camera and mount only the screen. I'm going to try and dismantle it this weeekend. I'll let those who are interested when I know.

IgotTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg, N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT - 97 XLT SOHC
Look for a "DIN" plug on the camera... you'll probably have to take if off you video card as a second monitor...which always screws up Windows. Also you will be getting into driver problems and matching lines of resolution.

If the camera works .... use it a webcam....it will be great quality .. and probably has a decent zoom and better field than anything you could buy for the price.

PS I got this program that will take a snapshot every so many seconds ....like a security cam ...keep an eye on your " X" in the driveway.
What out for terrorist activity! (just kidding)
but its fun to play with