wanna make dual shock mounts for the rearr. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wanna make dual shock mounts for the rearr.

94EBexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB 4door
i was thinknig about doing dual shocks in the rear but i was thinking maybe anyone had some idead on how to mount them..... i was thinkng either mount them to where the sway bar was and run them up to the cross member or mount each shock to the out side of the soa mount.... i think this idea would look and work best... but just wondering how i would make it work to mount to the top.... maybe use 2 front shocks on the rear and just put a hole in the cross member and run it up there? and use the bushings on each side of it? i think that might work.... but i dont know if it would let the shock flex enough.....

I've seen plenty of multishock setups where the lower shock mounts are just welded to the axle tube. The swaybar mounts are a good start, then just add another to the side. The hard part may be figuring out the upper mounts. I haven't looked under an early model with that in mind, so you just might have to brainstorm.

i was thinking use a front shock through the top of the cros member... but its not gonna work anyway... i just looked my stupid dual exhaust in in the way.... just a brain fart i have... could work for you other guys though.

Back