Any dual shock mounts stronger then the James Duff? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any dual shock mounts stronger then the James Duff?

Kial

Reaction score
I need a dual shock mount for my 91 explorer 4x4 and the James Duff dual shock kits look weak, and there gold. Does anyone carry dual shock mounts that are for, or can be modified a bit for a explorer application? I mailed fabtech about the ranger dual shock kit and they said it couldnt be done with there kit. I NEED SOME HELP!

-kial-
zeke180@yahoo.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure that there is some way that you can paint the Duff hoop if the color is bad for you. As far as the strength of it goes, I have beat the hell out of mine and have had no problems at all with it. To control the 35's that you have, you would definately need some stiffer shocks than the Duffs, but the mount should be plenty strong enough.

Michael

------------------
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."

I dont know about the strength and reliability of the dual shock mounts, there so damn thin and they look kinda crappy, what did you have to do to install yours? Do you cut away the exisiting shock mounts? Thanks 4 your reply.

Kial
zeke180@yahoo.com Dead Link Removed

Hey Kial why don't you check oout the whole website and you could find just about any answer you wanted. But anyways there is a full writeup about the duff dual shock installation and everything. Here's the link:
http://www.4x4central.com/duffdualshock.htm

One other thing, you say your low on money but you are posting a billion things about stuff you want to get and all, maybe if you were running low on money you could learn how to save up a little and use it a little wiser. Just my thoughts though.

------------------
1991 2wd 4dr Explorer
3" Body Lift w/31" Goodyear Wrangler MT/S
KKM Filter
Flowmaster 40 series muffler
ratm128@aol.com

Kial,

I really don't know what all is involved in gettin gthem on the truck. I had my local shop install mine. I had already spent the previous 48 hours getting the lift on the truck and was running out of time before I had to drive it back to school. So, I plunked down the money to have womone else do it. They did tell me that it was a lot of labor to get them on though. I believe that there was some cutting involved, but I don't think that they welded anything, I believe that it is all bolted.

Michael

------------------
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."

Back