Want to detail your vehicle? Do yourself a favor first. D/L this and read it. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to detail your vehicle? Do yourself a favor first. D/L this and read it.

Here is one of the most informative links I have ever found and is so detailed, it leaves very few questions to ask. Here is the link, it's worth the Download.
http://autopia-carcare.com/freeguide.html

Now my preference of buffers is the new Porter Cable 7424. In this download guide, it will even give you details and tips on using it and why it is so good. But here is another small article on the buffer.
http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=47

For pads to use, I found these to be second to none. These are absolutely the best buffing/polishing pads I have ever seen.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sondas.html

This is only my opinion, but if you want to do a hard job right and make it look as close to new as you can, here ya go. All the information you need, but you have to read it first.

Ronnie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump. I need this for later :)

Thanks.

No problem. I found it to be so full of information I had to share it. Something this good should be in the useful tips forum. They more or less tell you how to take care of every type of vehicle problem from scratches, to dull lustless paint. I have spent days reading it. The best part I liked was it telling you when to use the different types of product and in which order.

Anyone got the secret password to open it?

Tried to register the free guide several times but stilll haven't received the password. Anyone get there's? Can you post it so I can open the last sections? Thanks.

I do, let me see if I can find the key.

Well I guess I deleted it. Just get a hotmail account. They just want an active email account to send it to. I haven't been spammed or anything by them after doing it. It's worth it I guarantee.

AGTDV3XX

Should work...

Thanks

Finally got their email when I got home from work but now I have to adjust my browser to get it to work. What a PITA but I'm sure it's worth it so will keep trying.

Ordered the 7424 (only because I wanted the option of 5 or 6 inch backing plates), Sonus pads, and Menzerna polishes. There's an 01 dark blue Subaru that has been waxed about three times in its life and is full of swirls and scratches tha I'll test on. I'll do half the hood and take a comparison shot.

I'll let ya's know in two weeks when everything is here and I should be done. :)

Post pics here :)

Premier, we will be talking you into one before long, LOL. They are some nice pieces of equipment.

Well, my rig is pretty scratched up. Damn trees and all..

Well that's what these little rigs and details are for. They help remove those scratches and things and make it shine again. You may surprise yourself. LOL.

Just thought I'd post for two reasons...

(1) I am impatient already waiting for it! I went with the PC 7424, the Sonüs Pad Kit, an additional grey Sonüs pad (don't want to mix Z5 and Z2), Menzerna Intensive and Final Polishes, Meguiar's #34 (could have purchased it here, but no tax and about 50 cents more to ship meant I'd use more $ in gas to get some here than add it to Autopia's order), and Sonüs Der Wunder Wasche. In the end, it was just under $250, which is the cost of at least one full-out detail job. So, hopefully this will pay for itself in the end.

(2) My eyes finally finished bugging out at paying that much. I thought after investing in Zaino, I'd never spend $125 or better on 'waxes' in general. Well, I was wrong. :) So I guess in the end, the supplies to do the ST will cost $375 over a period of 6 months.

Hopefully this will live to its claim and be money well spent! Or there'll be a hell of a package for detailers on the Swap and Sell board! :)

LOL, you made a good purchase that will last you years to come. I also went ahead and picked up that metal carrying case for the buffer I found. Like 19.95 or something like that. Good investment to keep it taken care of. Mine stays in the house in my closet. More important than the wife's shoes, ROFL. Did you happen to buy the metal carrying case for the buffer too?

I didn't pick up the metal case, only because I am going to go to Lowes and get a nice large toolbox just for detailing... something that can hold everything. Not sure what kind yet, though. I spent a little time browsing when I looked at the PC 7336s.

Well, back to waiting.. :)

Keep me informed Adam. I am curious as to what you are going to use. Like I said, I just bought that metal case from the link you showed, and I use a small gym bag to carry all the rest, pads, towels, polishes, waxes, etc and even a dry T-Shirt in, LOL.

Oh and Adam, just wanted to add this in, You know that will pay for it's self after doing a couple of neighbors vehicles, right? LOL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back