Want to get a 4 channel amp for the door speakers. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to get a 4 channel amp for the door speakers.

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Ok so the behind the seat sub box is being put off 'til summer or late spring so I wanna get a good 4 channel amp to push the door speakers better.

I have Jensen 6x8's in the front and Sony 6x8's in the rear but I may put my 6x9's in the doors instead.

I can't find any amp's that aren't expensive as hell for what I would like to get. All I can find are 50 or 60 watt x4. I would like to push atleast 100-150 watts out to each speaker, even if I have to get two 2 channel amps but as y'all know space is limited.

Any suggestion and help would be awesome. I'm on a budget so no $200+ amps please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 4 channel hi fonics amp that runs about 90 w X4. It was like $120 on sonixelectronics.com. But it was a christmas sale too! If you want closer or over 100 watts on 4 channels cheap isnt an option, unless you stumble on an awesome deal or someone who doesnt know what they have. Good luck!

try craigslist, i dont know how popular they are in PA, but look for some alpine V-12 4 channel amps. i see them all the time on craigslist out here for 100 bucks. they are awesome. dont look so much for wattage either, matching the rms limits of the speakers and the rms that the amp can put out can maximize what you get out of your set up. when it comes to your speakers, its more important in my opinion to get clean sound rather than wattage, like with some subs. v-12's will do the trick and can be had for cheap used. just make sure they arent damaged if you go used.

All I have run for about the past 7-8 years are V-12's you can't beat them for good, clean power.

Thanks guys.

Back