• Register Today It's free!

Wanted to say hello

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Found this forum a couple of months ago when I bought my bride a 2013 Explorer. As I looked around on here I found the B2 forum. Since I have one that I am currently slowly getting exactly how I want it, I figured I stop in and say hello.

Here she is the day I got her home and off the trailer.

IMG_0006.jpg

Picked it up for $800 with what was supposed to be a bad clutch. Turns out it was a shot tranny. $700 later I had a rebuilt FM146 back under her. Everything was fine for about 5 or 6 months when the motor took a dive. Decided to pull it completely and dorm in a rebuilt 2.9L from Jasper Engines.

Now I have an 89 Bronco 2 with a (mostly) 2012 drivetrain.

Great site y'all have here. I'll update later if there is any interest.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome and nice find. Keep us posted on updates.

Welcome.. I too am a new member and it's a great place. Does it have a lift? what tires are under it?

It has a 4" lift (not sure of brand) on it. Right now it's sitting on 29x12.5x15 Super Swampers on it. The previous owner had done the axle swaps before I got it. It's got a Dana 35 front axle and an 8.8 out back. Right now it has 3.55 gears. I'm about to swap out the gears for some 4.56's. I kit the junk yard this week and pulled a manual shift BW 1350 T-case that I'm gonna swap in.

*****in little ride man, needs some 33's and some fender trimming

Don't forget roll cage.........................................................................Hint

Actually, some of those ideas I like, but probably won't ever happen. The truck is mostly used as my hunting rig so I don't tear up my big truck. It will have 31's on it by the end of the summer. After she gets re-geared. I'm also working on an winch mount behind the front bumper, a roof rack and really cleaning up the interior. I've already swapped in seats from a 99 Explorer and a 1st gen Explorer center console. The headliner is getting replaced with some type of sound deadening mat underneath it to try to quiet down the tin can roof wave when I close the doors. I'll post up some more pics soon.

Not long after I got the truck, I got a 8000lb Warn winch. I figured that a multi mount setup was what I wanted to do. So I added a front mount hitch. Wasn't really happy with it, but I figured that it would do.

IMG_0027.jpg

At the same time, found a member on a different forum that was selling a tube style bumper. Paid him for it and had it shipped via Greyhound. Once I got it home, I mounted it up and remounted the front hitch. Much happier with the new setup.

image-1.jpg

Also added some extra lighting for the trips in the woods. 20" led spot / flood combo on the front bumper and some led flood lights out back for when I'm backing up or loading the 4 wheeler on the trailer at night.

5dbf2e53-5f03-42f0-afbb-140e58fc49f0.jpg

I'm currently working on a roof rack but I don't have any pictures. The rear lights will be moved to the roof rack and I have some more LED lights that will go in the front of the rack. I'm kinda a light junkie and I have a buddy that sells the LED's so there is no telling what else will end up on this thing.

Don't forget roll cage.........................................................................Hint

mine is getting there Rick, i'm touched by your concern for my safety lol.

Actually, some of those ideas I like, but probably won't ever happen. The truck is mostly used as my hunting rig so I don't tear up my big truck. It will have 31's on it by the end of the summer. After she gets re-geared. I'm also working on an winch mount behind the front bumper, a roof rack and really cleaning up the interior. I've already swapped in seats from a 99 Explorer and a 1st gen Explorer center console. The headliner is getting replaced with some type of sound deadening mat underneath it to try to quiet down the tin can roof wave when I close the doors. I'll post up some more pics soon.

it looks great man, I love the color and its super clean. I forgot those bII's roofs are like a drum haha, haven't had a roof for quite a while.

Made some more progress on the Deuce. New poly body bushings are ordered. Started pulling the headliner yesterday for a complete replacement. Also adding some sound deadening material to the roof. Here are the pics.
Old liner out
image-11.jpg

New liner material
image-10.jpg

Sound deadening going in
image-6.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-7.jpg

The headliner board is pretty much shot so I'm going to make a new board out of fiberglass to attach the new material to. I'll take lots of pics and start a new thread about that process. Hope y'all enjoy!!!!

You will like the Jasper. My 1990 has a Jasper, runs strong and smooth.

Bill

Back