Warranty Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warranty Issues

PPPD1227

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello all, back again. My 2015 Sport was in for a warranty fix. The sun shade in the car has been Squeeking horribly whenever i retract it and when I close it.

The Service manager from the dealer called today and said that after speaking with ford they stated this is a "normal concern" and they will not fix the squeaking. I was not able to get ahold of the manager because they called at 10 minutes to 6pm. I'd like to get In touch with a regional rep. This is a 52k car and squeaking is not acceptable seeing as how when the car was new it did not do this. I also purchased the 7 year 100k ESP.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ESP will not cover squeaks and rattles so no point in mentioning that point HOWEVER your 3yr/36k bumper to bumper does cover that stuff.

Simple solution, take the Service Manager out to their lot and jump in a few Explorers and open/close the shade. Guarantee you that it doesn't squeak and ask if it is normal why do these not? It should not squeak, mine doesn't, everyone else's don't.

That's a load of crap. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership is just being lazy. I would definitely push them to fix it under warranty or find yourself another dealer. My dealer addressed all of my noise concerns while my Ex was still under bumper to bumper.

This may sound dumb, but if all it's doing is squeeking, why not add a touch of penetrating lube to it and call it a day? It's a 1 minute vs the headache of getting the dealer to get nudged to do it. Plus then you have a can of lube for any other minor squeeks! : )

You are making me jealous. I have a split armrest and seatbelt trim falling off the airbag seatbelt that Ford won't do anything about. I would trade that for a squeak. This started in the mid 40's.

I'm still confused how exposed airbag parts is not a safety/warranty issue.

Hello all, back again. My 2015 Sport was in for a warranty fix. The sun shade in the car has been Squeeking horribly whenever i retract it and when I close it.

The Service manager from the dealer called today and said that after speaking with ford they stated this is a "normal concern" and they will not fix the squeaking. I was not able to get ahold of the manager because they called at 10 minutes to 6pm. I'd like to get In touch with a regional rep. This is a 52k car and squeaking is not acceptable seeing as how when the car was new it did not do this. I also purchased the 7 year 100k ESP.

You can try contacting the FordService rep that usually monitors this Forum by either Twitter or Facebook. If you do, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Peter

You can try contacting the FordService rep that usually monitors this Forum by either Twitter or Facebook. If you do, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Peter

I spoke to Ford customer care and they refuse to escalate my case to a regional service rep. They stated to take the vehicle to another dealership for a 2nd option in and that a regional rep would not be able to overturn the dealer and the dealer has the final say. They also stated they will not cover the broken instrument cluster or the Squeeking sunroof. Looking to avoid the aggravation of taking the loaner back getting my vehicle and bringing it to another dealer. Pretty ticked off at this point.

I have a 2015 sport and have the problem as well. However, it’s intermittent. There is no pattern of when it squeaks and does not. I have not looked into getting the squeak addressed since it is not all the time.

Back