Washington here I come....

arsoul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ex/79F250: X250
On July 11th I leave the heat of Arizona for the rain of Washington state...
How is the wheelin' up there? I've been a couple times in my fathers 58willys out in the Sultin Basin. Nothing to write home about.

Where are the good trails located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah there are some good trails up your a$$ lol:D

Ryan,
It was nice wheeling with you. Hope to see you out on the trail again. Good luck in Washington. I love it up there. Woodbee Island is great, I recomend a visit.

I am in the process of moving to Arlington which is just North of Everett. I don't have my Ex up here yet but I have heard that there are some good trails here and also a little East as well.

damn rain
what the hell was i thinking?

might have a ford 302 backed by a c4 to go in the ole' x now....what fun. now that i have access to a shop, i get to do all the good stuff....

Arsoul, welcome to the N/W. I hope the rain this week doesn't get to you to much. We have actually had a somewhat dry summer so far. Just look at all the fires in the Norht/Eastern part of the state. Of course it usually is 10 - 20 deg. hotter over there than the West side of the Cascades in the summer.

Mike, do the explorers in this region get together for runs at all?

I have only been out once in my 95 with a former member of this site. He has since sold his 99 and moved on. I would be more than happy to go sometime if the trail(s) aren't to knarly. With a basically stock rig I cannot do to radical of stuff. The only others I know from Washington on this board that do 4X are oknut and MattR (I think that is his name). Matt lives up north by you and oknut lives west over by Sequim and the Olympic Mountains.

As far as there being any trails in my neck of the woods, I am not for sure. They probably exist. I just don't know where. Maybe you will find some that aren't to difficult and let us know. I would be up for a challange.

Originally posted by arsoul
Mike, do the explorers in this region get together for runs at all?

It's been tried several times but nobody has really showed a real interest. Now that I am back on the coast I hope to change that a little bit.

To see what trail riding is like ;) check out my recent post on Walker Valley.

Paul, eventhough I am about 2 hr South of arsoul and you I would be interested in going sometime. I just need enough of a notice to make sure the Wife says it is fine. If you are married I am sure you know what I mean.

The one time I went out was at Evans Creek ORV (by Mt. Rainier) and I had a good time. They were pretty mild trails we went on but still a good time.

Like I said, let me know when you go out again and I might be able to go. It is just tough when the family has no interest in what I really like to do.

I would beup for that

I would not mind hooking up and going out if the trails are not too bad. Mine is my daily commuter so I can not afford to kill it, I will save that for the restored 67 Bronco.

I am thinking about running over the Naches Trail if it is not too bad. I have been over it in my old F-150 Ex-Cab but it was a little tight in places.

Let me know ahead of time and I will see what I can work out and meet up with some local people for a trip.

Its probably going to be a while before i can make a run. after putting the skyjacker leafs on (raising the rear 3 inches) i need to get new shocks, extend brake lines and finish building my front and rear bumpers.
i would like to make a run before this nice summer weather disapears, whenever that is.
like i said, the only trails i know are near Sultin. some mild trails, when my rig was stock it made it.

I am also now in the Everett area and would be more than happy to go on a run. I am finlly all moved in and am starting to get a offroad withdrawl syndrom. Keep me updated and let me know when and where.

Well its been a while since I've posted....mostly cause the Explorere is not off road capable....damn accident....anyway I may be going to the PNW4WDA SUV event in august. but explorer or not I'll be at shore patrole in ocean shores in september...just an fyi if any one wanted to get together.....and if anyone has a front end to part with I could use it...well...back to arguing with the Ins company..

Ok, my X is ready to go wheelin'. Got the shocks on, and I'm finishing the driver side rock slider this weekend.

One weekend this month or early September I'm going to make a run to the Sultin Basin area (the only trail I know). Its just east of Monroe. When my X was stock it made it with a little bit of scratches on the underside. Nothing visable. But that was over a year ago, I have no idea of the condition of the trail. If you are stock and come and decide you dont want to run the trail, ride-a-longs are welcome.

I'll most likely be making this run with my younger brother (84 toyota, 33s, locked front and rear). If any of you guys want to come along, reply here or email me.

arsoul@hotmail.com

Ok, looks like I'm leaning towards Saturday, September 1st for a run to the Sultin Basin. Diff Wack Daddy might be coming along. Anyone else?

In the next few days I'll post directions on how to get there, where to meet and at what time.

I would go but I will out of town camping in Oregon with the family. Maybe next time. Have fun.

Here we go.

When: Sat. Sept. 1st (Saturday)
Where: Sultin Basin (the High Rider trail). Just outside of Monroe.
Trail Difficulty: 3.0

Gonna meet at the smoke stack in Monroe at 9:30am.

How to get there: From the 405 take the 522 to Monroe. The 522 ends in Monroe, so at the end take a left. The smoke stack is exactly what it sounds like, its located on the right of the road just after the Dairy Queen.

I'll be on CB channel 1, and my cell phone number is 425-894-2968.

Pics of the trail: Dead Link Removed

See you there!

Ooops sorry guys

I was just down at Walker Valley with Dale Tiessen today. I forgot to post on here and see if anyone wanted to go. I will show you some pics that a couple of other guys but they haven't been uploaded to the internet yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally I post :)

Hey guys!

It's about time I post to this thread, I got the trail E-mal from Arsoul.

Welcome to Woodinville Arsoul, whereabouts you live? I'm in Woodinville too, and I live off of Avondale(if that sounds familiar).

Hmmm... I tried getting a run together a while ago to the sultan basin(I call it Reiter Road) but it didn't really pan out.

Of course now that one is being put together I don't have the Explorer anymore EGAD! :eek: Yah, that's right I sold it. Reiter Pit had eaten my TTB one to many times and a solid axle swap was not going to happen so I sold the ol' ex and bought and 85' 4Runner that I'm lifting, I hope you guys don't hold it against me. HEY! At least I didn't buy a Jeep! :D Don't try and track the guy down that bought it either, he lives in Olympia and well, he's an ass. I know that is kind of mean, but he bought it for his kid and is taking a lot of the lift off :mad: .

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on this run. My girlfriend is dragging me to a wedding that weekend and believe me, I would get out of it if I could. It's scary that I know people getting married, I mean ****, I'm only 21, doesn't anyone wait! :eek: ahem....so anyway...

With Reiter Road, just make sure that you check out Reiter Pit before you go very far up the hill. If you had it another weekend I wouldn't have minded helping trail lead at all. Here is a pic of my truck getting eaten by Reiter Pit
e103.jpg

It may not be that deep since it has been dry, but after these uncommon few days of rain it may have gained some mud. Trust me, even if you don't like rain, once you get up to Reiter and see the mud that the rain gods have bestowed upon you, you will be ecstatic! :)

Also try and check out Hell's Pit, which is way up the road from Reiter Pit. I'm updating my site right now, but I should have it done before you guys go on that run, and when I'm done I'll have a ton of pics of the trails.

You can try contacting Knut(oknut), but he may not be able to make it that far with his truck. Since he lives over on the peninsula he'd either have to ferry(which I don't think he will fit on :)) or drive, and that's a pretty hard drive to do with 42's. One thing for sure, his beast would eat Reiter Pit whole(I would pay to see that). Last I heard from Knut he invited me to a mud bog at the county fair over by him, but I couldn't make it because of my friends birthday.

If anyone else wants to go mudding occasionally let me know. I have a couple people I wheel with here on the Eastside and we try to make it up to Reiter Road as much as possible, and in September I will be back at WWU in Bellingham scoping trails in lower Canada and around Mt. Baker as well. Of course I'll still be making those trips down for Reiter Road :)

Mat

Back