Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900

90ranajo

The Little TJ that could
Reaction score
City, State
Pattaya, Chonburi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Toyota Fortuner
Callsign
KG7MXH
Washington State Vehicle License Fee Bill SB6900 Not a Joke

There is a bill that the Washington State Legislature is trying to pass

in Olympia that, if successful, will directly add huge costs to our

vehicle license fees. Everyone needs to know about so this situation so

that you can contact your representatives and voice your objection.

The bill is SB 6900 and it adds an "engine displacement" fee to the

vehicle license tabs upon renewal.

The fee has a varied amount depending on the size of the vehicle's engine:

Engine Size (liters) Rate Schedule

Up to 1.9 $0

2.0 - 2.9 $70

3.0 - 3.9 $225

4.0 - 4.9 $275

5.0 - 5.9 $325

6.0 - 7.9 $400

8.0 or over $600

On or after January 1, 2012, the vehicle emissions fee

under this section is due at the time of initial vehicle registration

and any subsequent renewal of vehicle registration.

CO2 Emissions (grams/mile) Rate Schedule

Up to 161 $0

162 - 193 $70

194 - 241 $225

242 - 266 $275

267 - 298 $325

299 - 362 $400

Over 362 $600

For each car & truck that you own, calculate the rate by matching the

engine size in liters to the dollar amount. Add the amounts for each

vehicle and you'll see that the average two car family will be paying

$500+ every year in "displacement fees" on top of the normal license

fees. If you have three vehicles, you'll be paying even more.

The average family is already struggling with the high cost of gasoline,

electricity, food and everything else, and our lawmakers want us to pay

more, thinking we have unlimited deep pockets. This will do great damage

to the budgets of retirees on fixed incom es as well.

Now is the time to be very vocal against this bill.

Here's the web page for the bill where you can read the text:

SB 6900

Here's the link for contacting your representatives:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

Tell your representatives:
I will actively work to see that any lawmaker that supports this bill is replaced at election time.

If we don't threaten mass rebellion over this, they'll pass this bill
and we'll be paying huge fees every year on top of their increase in the
gas tax (which is already higher than most other states) They have to know that we won't stand for any more taxes or increase in licensing fees.
Please contact your legislators, then copy the text of this email, and

forward it to as many people as possible that you know in Washington State.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like Section 1 (engine displacement fee) went into effect 1 Jan 2009. The emmisions part is scheduled to take effect until 1 Jan 2012.

Where does it say this bill passed? or did you find out the hard way when trying to re-new your tabs?

they are trying to push this nation wide people

My 88 would be taxed for 2.9L even though it has 5.0L under the hood, CO emissions they dont even look.... may have to buy some more old 4 bangers and do conversions!

Anything to get more taxes!!! Its only going to get WORSE after the 21st!!

i don't see where it says passed either looks like to me that the bill is still kicking around in sub-comittees. since 2007

Yep, my bad. Not enough Coffee yet this morning.

2008 REGULAR SESSION
Feb 1 First reading, referred to Water, Energy & Telecommunications. (View Original Bill)
Feb 5 Executive action taken in the Senate Committee on Water and Energy & Telecommunications at 10:00 AM.
Feb 6 WET - Majority; without recommendation.
And refer to Transportation.
Minority; without recommendation.
Referred to Transportation.

wont stop them from re-wording it and trying again

Bills that dont pass eventually do in some form because they do not listen to the people and they continue to push and push, just look at CA and Prop 8, WAJ!!
the people have spoken, YOU NEED TO LISTEN
the government works for US, they only function because of our money
Absolute power corrupts absolute

If that were to ever pass I would pay over half the value of my truck each year. due to certain parts that seem to have fallen off my truck somehow. Have you ever seem an electric explorer? I will convert if I have to. NEVER SELL

Man i don't even live in WA but this make me wanna go up to the author(s) of the bill and go what are you smoking??????

must have some really good stuff up there..

I also see they are trying to adopt CA emmissions standards and a $2000 tax credit for trading in vehicles over 15 years old that do not meet EPA Tier II standards.

what a travesty that is, we used to ADMIRE our heritage, now we want to crush it in favor of new greeney vehicles
How dare you drive old iron! You are greedy and purposly trying to hurt the earth

Like I said dont get me started, I am a huge conservative and patriot, I will defend my constitutional rights if it means fighting for it
last week we bought 4 new guns and 4000 rounds of ammo, LOL, exercise your rights while you still can!! Yes guns are a hobby of ours, no I am not paranoid LOL nor am I dillusional, but I do know now is the time to buy guns before they start pushing for more gun control!
If you want to see what type of policies this new administration is going to push for, take a look at Illinois

highest defecit of any state
Very high crime and murder rates (thanks to gun control!)
schools in the toilet
Former governors in PRISON
and its all just another day in politics over there......

I HOPE Obama does great things, but I dont believe a far left administartion is going to, it is going to HURT
lose our lands, taxes on oil, they want to tell you everything, how to live, what to think, things have really changed from what our fore fathers had in mind....... Government is to listen to US, not take over....

"We cannot drill ourselves out of this" how many times have you heard this in the last 6 months?
oil was at $147 a barrel, gas was pushing $4.00, then the Saudi's opened up some new drilling rigs in new oil rich area's they had been working on for 10 years, gas was $1.25 yesterday here in Denver
Obama will not let that last! They will tax oil HEAVIER then ever........
"We cannot drill our way out of this"

WE JUST DID you IDIOTS

That bill will have a HARD TIME passing here in WA.

Tim Eyman made sure that we the voters have FINAL SAY on any increases in Vehicle Licensing Fees.

Ryan

Behind it all

Adam Kline is anti mechanized recreation and has created and sponsored bills limiting or prohibiting Mechanized Recreation AND he doesn't give a rats ass about what we think about him.

http://www.horsesass.org/?p=2630

Rarely do politicians just come out and say it. This is Kline in a letter to an ATV rider:

There is nothing sporting — athletic, physically demanding — about riding any machine anywhere. And it’s a damned annoyance to folks who see the outdoors as a place to go for quiet and solitude and self-exploration. I would be happy to ban the use of the internal combustion engine off-road, by anyone without a handicapped sticker, subject to a stiff fine. Maybe we could call this an anti-obesity measure.

Please circulate this to all motorized sports enthusiasts, so they can remember never to vote for me.

Adam Kline

Attachments

• Anti-Christ.jpg
    Anti-Christ.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 924

wow. please let me go back to wisconsin ASAP. 1996 and older dont even go thru emissions anymore.

Is that guy still alove and walking around?
Wow
How IGNORANT

Try riding a friggin snowmobile off the trailer, I bet he'd fall over dead jsut trying to do that

Riding motorcycles or ATV's or snowmobiles off road is not physically challenging? LOL YOU sir are a TOTAL MORON
Nothing is MORE DEMANDING ON YOUR BODY
NOTHING

Is that guy still alove and walking around?
Wow
How IGNORANT

Try riding a friggin snowmobile off the trailer, I bet he'd fall over dead jsut trying to do that

Riding motorcycles or ATV's or snowmobiles off road is not physically challenging? LOL YOU sir are a TOTAL MORON
Nothing is MORE DEMANDING ON YOUR BODY
NOTHING

idk about nothing...im sure its up there...but its still not the hardest thing ever...:D;):thumbsup::salute::confused:

Died in committee last year....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back