Washington here I come.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Washington here I come....

Mat, sorry to hear about the X, but toyos are always welome in my book!
I'm at my folks place till I find an apartment. Just off the old Woodinville-Duvall road on 232nd. Only wheelin' I've done since I got here was at JeepBeater, near Eastside truck center.

By the way, I'm always up for some wheelin'. Just say when and I'm there (as long as I'm not at work--usually).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heh,

Ryan, sounds like you are maybe 5 miles from me. Careful of the small trails you 'find' cause the cops liek to nab you, but I hear that in Duvall there are supposed to be some great trails and since that is only 10 minutes away Exploring is usually worth it.

Well, I just bought my runner last week. Last weekend was spent ripping out the insides and rhino lining the ground and sound deadening/waterproofing the panels. This weekend should be the 5" lift . I have a bunch of stuff on the way(header, exhaust, 33 mudders), so I should have it ready for some major wheeling in a week or two. Keep me posted if you find anything interesting.

Mat

My brother (been here 3 years, 84' Toyo, 33s, all locked up) said he's been all over Duvall and he's only found horse trails...a bit narrow for a vehicle.
Drop me a line when the rigs ready, I've got the wheelin' blues pretty bad, can't wait to go.
425 894 2968

Ryan,

I'll let you know. I'm hoping to have it ready for at least a little wheeling by the second weekend of Sept. We could loosely plan to hit Reiter Road then.

Mat

Now that I know

Well, now that I know how close you guys are I might have to enlist your help someday in the near future for this solid axle swap I am planning. I bought tdavis Mazda and I will be pulling parts and putting them on mine. How does free beer sound? Anyone interested in a weekend driveway run?

Don't tease me with free beer......

If its cold, I'm there.

So do any of us have any plans for the labor day weekend. Either fixing or wheeling. I'm free for fixing unless the my X is outta the shop then i need to test it out. and I could use some time on the coast......the east side is a little somky.LOL

I'm wheelin Saturday morning, at the sultin basin, of course.
I'm free sunday and monday for fixin, unless the saturday morning run becomes a camping trip....:) hint hint

Or......I could hit the steel yard Saturday morning, build me a front bumper with a winch mount and go wheeling Sunday and/or Monday. So many possiabilities.

If you've got fixing to do, come on over to my place I say (bring a six pack with ya). I've got all the welders and cutters and vehicle hoists you could need to do anything to your X.

Hey,
Do you live just north of Colvile.....sheesh....thats just up the road from Okanogan....sortof....well the for dealership has had my X since monday last week. They keep putting off replacing the left side TTB. Its driving me crazy.....its insurance work so eventhough i had an appt i get bumped alot....who knows.....but if your that close we should definately try and get together...

I don't have any fixing yet, but once I get tdavis's rig up here I will be doing alot of fab work putting that solid front axle in to mine. I am still waiting on some new radius arms though so I may not be able to start until October 1st due to backorder and depth of my wallet.

So, should I still plan on hitting the Sultin Basin Saturday? Or will I be all alone by myself?

If it's only a day run, I should be able to make it. How far is that from Marysville area and can we meet somewhere closer and caravan?

Where is Marysville? I'm new to the area. I know Woodinville, and how to get to Bellvue and Moneroe. Thats it.

Its only a day run. As of now, there is 1 Ranger coming along thats a definite. 4 or 5 maybe's.

Caravaning is cool. Where do you want to meet?
Off the top of my head...I'm thinking Woodinville. The DQ right off the 522.

Marysville is just North of Everett. Give me directions off the 522 and a time and I will be there.

From the 405 take the Woodinville exit onto the 522 (exit 23a I believe). From the 522, take the Woodinville exit. There is a Dairy Queen on the right, thats where I'll be sitting.
Can't miss my x, as I'm sure I can't miss yours.

I'll meet you there at 8:45am. We'll meet the others in Monroe at 9:30.

My younger brother will be coming along. Unfortunatly, his Toyo is in the middle of a re-gearing, so he'll be riding his dirtbike. Great for us, it makes him the perfect spotter!

GOT MUD???

I do...about 30 pounds worth on my X

Before I wash it I'll take a pic and post it.

Had a great time. Winching out that blazer, hitting the rocks and then the mud.

Oddly enough, that popping noise has stopped, maybe I didn't blow the spider gears after all! I'll have to tear it apart to find out though.

What a fun trail. Best part about it was the lack of dust that I am used to in California. We'll have to get you over that watterfall someday.

I'll be over that waterfall sooner than later. If my spider gears are a lost cause, I'm just gonna replace it with a locker and be done with it.
I'm also ordering the Superlift coils...after seeing your rig they obviously take the weight of the winch better over time. I'm also looking at the extended radius arms, $$$ I'm going crazy.

Anyone know of a bank I can hold up??

My spider gears are a lost cause. several of the teeth are missing. Bought a locker today, having it installed monday. by wensday, i'll be back to WHEELIN'!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back